my photographs from a Greek Museum

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a year ago, my camera club started an ambitious project.
Photograph the excibits of the local archeological museum and make the photographic excibition inside the museum.

It was a Challenge! the museum was of the modern dark space ones with selective/focused lighting on each item.
And that did not meant it was good for protrait work.

So i had to redo the lighting with what else, my flashlights!
In that dark space an EDC light can make a difference and I also used a comtinous ramping flashlight to suit.

You can find some of my photographs and the rest of the story, here
http://www.davidhazy.org/andpph/gallery-10/
enjoy!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is so neat. Wish I lived near a Museum of that calibre. I need to come vacation at your house a few days. lol Wow.

I see it looks like you did all B&W. I kinda laughed. For some reason it reminded me of when my 10 year old said: "Daddy, how come when you grew up they had no color? When did they discover how to color things". She was referring to my baby/infant pics that were all B&W. BTW: I was born in the 70's, but my mom & dad couldn't afford a color camera. Poor thing thought the whole world was B&W.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, B&W is strong in Europe still, in film format too!
And there is a good reason for it. It is kinda minimalistic in nature, it removes alot of vision clutter.
And it goes with the technique. Someone described B&W photography as the strategic placement of shadows in your capture.
Considering that we all worked with re-done lighting, there could be no other option.