EDC Fire - Any Fire Capabilities Count

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fire has always been a part of my EDC even though I don't smoke. I always try to change things up to keep it interesting. My fire methods change more frequently than my EDC light.

I'd like to see what everyone carries for fire in their EDC.

Here's a picture of some of the Zippos I have.

Stainless, titanium, denim, wood.
Plus a few of my all time favorite Zippo, 1933 replicas.

9d2f85c9571de6601d683c9ecd880159.jpg

Most of them run a butane insert, but not the thunder bird ones. I haven't seen these around so I'll post some pictures later along with some other lighters

MrJino

Enlightened
That's a very cool collection of lighters, especially for one that doesn't smoke.

I don't smoke anymore, but still have a few dozen bics lying around. They make a perfect lighter, almost, if it refillable...

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! My friends that smoke always joke the guy that doesn't smoke is the one that always has a light, whether it's fire or lumens :)
I change up my EDC lighter/fire source depending on what I'm wearing and the occasion.

These are my butane fueled lighters

These are the butane inserts I'm running. They don't have the blue jet flame but it is a jet flame in yellow.

Here's some alternative fluid/oil lighters

I really want to carry these for fun too, but I haven't been able to find a high quality case that is small and slim to fit them. I looked at the TiSurvival Exo Vault, but I don't think they fit.

Let's see some more of your lighters since most people have a fire source in their pocket dump!

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks a lot nicer than a lot of USB lighters I have seen. The ones I played around with didn't pack enough of a bunch to compare to a real flame, but yours looks plenty hot!

MrJino

Enlightened
That looks a lot nicer than a lot of USB lighters I have seen. The ones I played around with didn't pack enough of a bunch to compare to a real flame, but yours looks plenty hot!

Yeah I've had a few over the decade, this one easily lights paper on fire, so it would be good for a bug out bag if you had a solar panel paired with it.

jfong

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a very good point on the solar panel charging the lighter....I have one to charge all my gear so a USB lighter could be another on the list

I have a Pro Tool Industries MAG-NA-FIRE in my BoB, which is a nice back up to fire starting with all my lighters. It was/is super expensive but I got it for a great deal with a goinggear coupon a while ago.

Dan, the inserts for the Zippo are not made by Zippo. I took a picture of it and that's all I have. I got them from a store in Hong Kong and they only came in a plastic bag. I have played around with a lot of butane inserts for Zippos and these are the best ones I have seen

Rush that is a nice lighter! Dupont and Dunhill have the best refurbish programs, on par with most watch makers. The one I have is 40 years old given to me by my Grandpa. I dropped it off at a Dupont store and it came back brand spanking new!

Creating this thread made me realize how much I love fire-related products LOL...

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words Ryan.
You also have a very nice Dupont.
I gave up smoking 10 years ago. Used to smoke fine cigars. Even though I don't smoke anymore, I still like to carry my Dunhill.

scout24

Flashaholic
I don't smoke anymore, either. Still carry something or other to make fire most of the time. If not, I have more than a few ways in my vehicles, etc. A HUGE plus 1 to removing the Bic safety the instant you buy them. I've whipped out a Leatherman at the counter while the rest of my purchases were being rung up. Weird looks from the cashier, but oh well. Here's a couple current choices. Nothing as nice as some of the others here!!! :) The Mini-Bic is self explanatory, the small shiny cylinder is a flint striker rod, the Numyth is an awesome, if slightly chunky peanut lighter that's o-ring sealed. Very little if any evaporation. Small Swiss Army does minor tasks, and is used as a striker for the flint rod.

Edit- I'll have to wait for a sale, KuanR, but that MagNaFire looks sweet! I've carried a small metal pencil sharpener for years but that one takes the cake!

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Numyth lighter somewhere, I forgot where I put it when I moved a million times.

That flint striker is really nice, where did you get it?

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
Details of your lighter?
If you're talking about mine it's just a cheap peanut lighter. Works exactly like a Zippo. I actually carry a different now that is similar but full titanium, made by nagatac. That one is awake and a must have.