• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What's the lumen output on the Logan?

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a rough ballpark estimate of what the out the front output of the Logan is with the neutral or high cri option? For some reason I find myself really drawn to the Logan 17500 in brass with momentary and either the neutral or high cri emitter. It would be my first Peak and first light with QTC so any thoughts you have are appreciated.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The standard XPG (CW) should have max output of about 225 lumens on RCR123A / 17500 power.

Output will be less for the NW / HCRI emitter(s) .

Output will also be less on 3V power (CR123A) , and even less yet on 1.2-1.6V (AA) power.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Pvxin5t.jpg

Logan 17500 is one of my favorites, especially in stainless steel .... Cheers !

Last edited:

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Those are great looking lights. Not doing much to help my willpower. I really don't need a new light, but I don't think I've bought a new light since black friday two years ago. I'm pretty much do for a new one, right? :)

Any thought on the wide vs narrow beams? I'm guessing that with a head that small even the narrow won't really be all that narrow and I can always put something on it to spread it out a bit if necessary.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Those are great looking lights. Not doing much to help my willpower. I really don't need a new light, but I don't think I've bought a new light since black friday two years ago. I'm pretty much do for a new one, right? :)

[emoji317]

Any thought on the wide vs narrow beams? I'm guessing that with a head that small even the narrow won't really be all that narrow and I can always put something on it to spread it out a bit if necessary.

Yes, this ... exactly.

The top flashlight in my picture has the narrow optic, for maximum beam throw

The middle flashlight in my photo is actually a "mule" version, with no reflector or optic at all, for maximum beam flood.