• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GoingGear.com- New Olight S1-CU Raw SS / S1-CU Raw/ S1-CU Rose Gold

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The mega popular Olight S1 is now available in a third variation, the S1-Cu. We said that the S1-Ti was the best gift of the year, but maybe we should have said that any S1 will make a perfect gift, because the S1-Cu is pretty dang awesome too. The S1-Cu takes all of the excellent features of the original S1 Baton and puts them in a copper body with a nice, weighty feel. Raw copper can and will tarnish over time, giving the light a very cool, weathered look. If you prefer to keep your lights pristine, we still have an option for you.

The S1-Cu is available in three versions:

• [*=left]The S1-Cu Raw SS is a Going Gear worldwide exclusive and gives you a raw copper body with stainless steel hardware for a clean look.
    [*=left]If you like the look of the raw, tarnished copper, but want a little more pop, the S1-Cu Raw is for you with its raw copper body blue PVD coated bezel and switch ring.
    [*=left]If you want to keep your light looking shiny and untarnished, then go for the S1-CU Rose Gold with a PVD coated body and stainless steel hardware.

You can only buy the S1-Cu through Going Gear and Olight in the US.

All lights are available for pre-order and should be shipped out in late November.

S1-CU Raw SS
S1-CU Raw
S1-CU Rose Gold

copper_stainless.jpg

s1-cu-7.jpg

s1-cu_01.jpg

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Great news. I cannot wait on mine. I hope I make the first batch.

We only received the Raw and Rose Gold so far. Raw SS will be here early December along with the rest of the units of the other two. We only received a few Rose Gold, so those were all spoken for, but we do have some Raw units left after allocating for pre-orders.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I have received shipment notification on my share. I am looking forward to them; should be here Saturday. Thanks again.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Just a heads up on the status of these:

The second shipment with the S1-Cu Raw and S1-Cu Raw SS should be here late this week along. The S1-Cu rose gold second shipment might not be here until after Christmas, but we're doing what we can to speed it up. We'll keep everyone updated.

weklund

Enlightened
Received my RAW S1 today. Super nice build.

I think I am going to do an egg patina on this beauty.

I am very pleased.

Many Thanks to Going Gear.

Olight S1 CU Raw next to S1 CU Rose Gold.

OS11_Small.jpg

OS12_Small.jpg

OS13_Small.jpg

OS14_Small.jpg

OS15_Small.jpg

OS16_Small.jpg

CU S1 Raw after 8 hour hard boiled egg patina process.

OS17_Small.jpg

OS18_Small.jpg

Last edited:

weklund

Enlightened
Dang, that looks awesome. What's the process for something like that?

Very easy ... 2 hard hard boiled eggs, smashed fine, placed in small zip lock baggie with CU RAW. Try to cover the body evenly with egg pieces. I rolled the baggie tight to remove all excess air and to make the egg snug to CU body. Let stand for at least 8 hours.

Rinse with warm water and polish with clean cloth.

That's it.

You may wish to adjust the time the body is exposed to the egg.

This was my first attempt and I am very pleased with the finished patina. Seems quite durable.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks indeed really cool :thumbsup: Do you know if that "forced egg patina" ;) works with other metals as well? I´d assume brass might get similar results but how about Ti, SS or aluminum?

Eric