#4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meet the world's smartest flashlight - the FOURSEVENS Quark Smart

attachment.php

The Quark Smart family is the next generation of FOURSEVENS flashlights, and our most versatile Quark light yet. With our radical Bluetooth functionality, your flashlight can now communicate with your smart phone. Just grab the FOURSEVENS Smart Flashlights App, coming soon to the AppStore, and pair your Quark Smart to your phone. (and Android app in a couple months) The app will allow you to check the current battery life and remaining runtime, configure the interface, and set proximity alarms.

And for anyone reluctant to connect their flashlight with their phone, the Quark Smart is still a fully functional Quark light even without pairing. Immediately out of the box, you can easily toggle through all eight output modes by double-clicking the side switch. Pressing the tailcap switch will activate the light momentarily without accidentally switching to the next output. The rubber boot can be removed for a flat tail-standable rear switch.

As always, our Quark lights are waterproof and constructed with aircraft-grade aluminum and impact-resistant lenses. Quark lights have always been tough enough to meet any challenge. Now they are working harder and smarter to get the job done.

Pre-order $65. Ships before December 7th
http://www.foursevens.com/products/QSL-AF

For and in-depth look into the Quark Smart check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoI3qBTB3tk

(sorry I ran a little long - there was so much to talk about!)

Attachments

• pic_quarksmart-qsl-lg.jpg
    pic_quarksmart-qsl-lg.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,314
Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sure looks awesome. I have been waiting on someone to make this leap in flashlights. Killer work!

Footnote: I watched Davids video. I couldn't help but to notice, he has 16,217 unread emails! WTH! :wow:

keeperofdakeys

Newly Enlightened
Wow, this does look quite cool, and has lots of possibilities. From a quick look, I don't think this will lego with previous Quark peices. The head's voltage is only 2-4.2v, and that soft-touch tail cap would require a constant connection to the battery.

I can't wait to see what we have in store for next week.
Good work David :twothumbs

Edit: Seems I can't read

Last edited:

jimahi

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it has a lot of potential.

A couple of questions:
1. Will it work with rechargeable 16340 RCR123A batteries?
1a. If so, can you enter the battery capacity so that it maintains it's accuracy
2. You said Android app is coming in a few months. Just curious why such a long delay?
3. Will you be releasing any type of developer kit to speed up the unlocking of the potential functionality (by enabling the geeks reading these forums to program the light)? (Asking this question since I am assuming you have fairly limited resources working on the software which is pushing the Android app is several months out).

Definitely a cool idea! Especially if the software is opened up for "modding".

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks nice and I would like to order one. Will there be a custom mode option? For example, I would more than likely use the tactical mode group as my preferred preference, though I do not use strobe/sos. While I understand that it would be possible to use the app to jump from moon to high or back to med, that would be a bit cumbersome to have to do often. A custom mode option where you can select that you want moon, low, high or so on will be great.

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it has a lot of potential.

A couple of questions:
1. Will it work with rechargeable 16340 RCR123A batteries?
1a. If so, can you enter the battery capacity so that it maintains it's accuracy

I had this same question below while I had the video playing in the background. At 17:57 David says yes and yes. :) :twothumbs

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
This looks nice and I would like to order one. Will there be a custom mode option? For example, I would more than likely use the tactical mode group as my preferred preference, though I do not use strobe/sos. While I understand that it would be possible to use the app to jump from moon to high or back to med, that would be a bit cumbersome to have to do often. A custom mode option where you can select that you want moon, low, high or so on will be great.

I think the ability to do software upgrades to the light via bluetooth makes any potential enhancements like that a distinct possibility/probability.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Will there be a 2xCr123 format and a clip?

I was also wondering about the clip; if we can lego to the old bodies then we can easily do regular or deep carry clips in any form factor except single 123. This would also allow for a double 123 platform in terms of form factor but not voltage.

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
I was also wondering about the clip; if we can lego to the old bodies then we can easily do regular or deep carry clips in any form factor except single 123. This would also allow for a double 123 platform in terms of form factor but not voltage.

I'd be happy to be able to use a 16650.

ven

Flashaholic
Now we are talking, looks pretty amazing :cool: Now bluetooth is here, surely programmable outputs as well as mode/s can not be too far off:naughty:

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I'd be happy to be able to use a 16650.
We'll wait for the official verdict but I'd be very surprised to find that lego'ing isn't possible (with the bodies at any rate, the tailcap probably has some form of electronic switch).
It will be nice to have a quick way of changing the setup so I can simply hand the light to someone and say "Just press that".

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Ordered 2, this is going to be awesome. Will have to wait though for the android app, hopefully they release that before the lights ship

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping starts Dec 7, Android app "in a couple months"

But now we are talking. Been sitting on my wallet comfortably the past month, but this is INOVATION! Like to see the infinite mode in action, may be the ultimate interface for the old D10 fans. I think we may be able to get over the loss of the original Pro and Tactical Quarks with this. Unfortunately I am an Android user.

We'll wait for the official verdict but I'd be very surprised to find that lego'ing isn't possible (with the bodies at any rate, the tailcap probably has some form of electronic switch).
It will be nice to have a quick way of changing the setup so I can simply hand the light to someone and say "Just press that".

Now we are talking, looks pretty amazing :cool: Now bluetooth is here, surely programmable outputs as well as mode/s can not be too far off:naughty:

I have a Quark RGB head that I'd love to be able to lego with the Bluetooth body and tailcap. Just think of the fun you could have. :eek:oo:

Of course, I have no idea how or if that will be possible. Perhaps a new RGB that would work. Instant party lighting. :party:

~ Chance

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery gauge cannot be anywhere near accurate.

Runtime can be calculated from battery capacity and current draw.

Okay a device can measure the current draw.

But no device can know the battery capacity.

I can insert a CR123 with 150mAh (poor battery) or with 750mAh (new battery) and the device would not know it.

Other than that, the flashlight looks nice.