1500-3000 lumen lights?

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
Can someone list every light that fits this category to mount on a bike or helmet? the cateye volt 6000 is a bit too bright/expensive.

Anything less than $250 total package will be considered, preferably higher lumens/dollar

Savvas

Enlightened
You can mount anything on a helmet. But you wouldn't because many really bright lights are too big or or too heavy or have an unsuitable beam for a helmet light (you don't these issues in your criteria). There are literally hundreds of lights that fit with your description. Maybe try to be a bit more specific, especially with regard to beam shape needed. Brightness isn't everything and means little if the beam doesn't suit your needs. The Amoeba is is a great helmet light but there are many others available...

Savvas.

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
beam profile should be a homogenous bell curve beam out to about 140 degree usable flood, much like a frosted 10508 xpl triple..
Something with a throw of around 50-100 meters

Lets limit it to handlebar lights for now then, or less than 200 grams for helmet

I currently use an olight S30R baton as my bike light and it doesnt have enough flood, its hotspot is a good brightness but the spill is lacking. Would prefer no hotspot

Last edited:

Savvas

Enlightened
Talk to Scar - I have his Amoeba and it's brilliant. Or see the recent 'XP-L high intensity' thread at mtbr maybe.

Savvas.

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
Can someone list every light that fits this category to mount on a bike or helmet? the cateye volt 6000 is a bit too bright/expensive.

Anything less than $250 total package will be considered, preferably higher lumens/dollar
I have researched many many hours on the subject. If you want a quote, bike light buy a Lupine as they have engineered them out. They are more than $250.00. I am going to try a powerfull flashlight first that will hold 2000 lumins without stepping down. That means a 4000 plus light run on high, not turbo, or a few others. Something like a Niwalker MM15 that has decent heatsinking as I've read. These would be handlebar mount. The Lupine Piko is not much more than your $250 & is quite powerfull judging from beamchots. This is helmet or bar mount with Bluetooth remote. If I have troubles with a flashlight I will go to the Lupine Wilma & have it over with. I have no dog in this fight.

verytom

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these a few years ago http://www.ferei.com/en/productview.asp?id=86

Pretty decent beam pattern claimed output 1600 lumen, probably nearer 1200lumen actual. The handlebar mount is a bit fiddly but otherwise a decent package. It looks like they are now selling other models which have a better mount and other improvements.

I've also heard good things about this brand, and they have loads of 1000+lumen lights within your price range.

http://www.magicshineusa.com/products/lights

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
I'm using an Acebeam K40M 3000 lumin set on 1900 lumin & it does a great job. I have yet to make a mounting bracket for it. When I cross a busy street I hit the 3000 lumin strobe & I sure am seen. I'm carefull with it & not getting any negativity so far. The soft MT-G2 seems to be easier on the eyes than my 1000 lumin Tac.

Flashlight Enthusiast
go to MTBR forums lighting sections...for low budget but wicked nice lights

there is a ton of info on cheeeep but reliable chinesium lights, like the yinding...etc...

plenty of lumens, all generally 40-70 bucks. and most are 8 volt so you can use your own 4x18650 holder
with quality cells you choose and not worry about the unbranded generic packs the lights come with

the provided packs are safe enough they just are rarely waterproofed. a good case
like this http://www.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_119294.html you can control
the cells ( I use a case like this and 4xNCR18650 protected 3600mah olight or 4x18650 AW 3100)