• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Upgraded Surefire x300u Weapon Lights

mikesantor

Enlightened
OR, Please tell me this is you!

This has to be you!

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: OR, Please tell me this is you!

Yes. Thats our v5 board installed into an x300. Its set to 2500 because thats the amp limit of the crappy 16340 I was able to send him. We've been waiting for AW to release a new 5a capable 16340 and will introduce an x300 v5 mod service.

mikesantor

Enlightened

I need this is my life...

You guys rock. I have 2 X300Us standing by...

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

Yes. Thats our v5 board installed into an x300. Its set to 2500 because thats the amp limit of the crappy 16340 I was able to send him. We've been waiting for AW to release a new 5a capable 16340 and will introduce an x300 v5 mod service.

Would you possibly be able to cram one of those V5 boards into an X200? My X200 may quite possibly have the worst beam pattern and the most god awful 15000k(ish) hue of any light I've ever owned. Honestly, whenever I turn the damn thing on I feel like ripping it off my pistol and pumping a couple rounds into it. Yes, my X200 sucks that bad.
It definitely would be nice to be able make some use out of this thing..
An OVEREADY transplant for it would totally kick ***!:rock:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 Weapon Light (3500L)

Yes, x300 are confirmed. x200 may be an option. We are also shooting for x300u (not confirmed).

Last edited:

mikesantor

Enlightened

8 amp IMRs are in!!! Please mod my x300!!!

Didnt think I was going to let you forget, did ya? ;)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Nope nope. And x300 are top of our list when I get back :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 Weapon Light (3500L)

Announcement

As shown above, we've been developing an upgrade service for this venerable platform. I'm please to announce we are ready to go.

The first batch is over 30 slots
All will be released on Saturday, April 30
We can scale to 100+ more, this summer

Three default levels, with full programming after delivery
The latest IMR are recommended/required

This is for the x300 model only

Click for more details
http://www.oveready.com/triple-surefire-x300-3500l-upgrade/prod_211.html

Last edited:

mikesantor

Enlightened
Re: v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 Weapon Light (3500L)

Have you guys found any diference in using the x300 over the x200?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you guys found any diference in using the x300 over the x200?

The X200 looks to have gone through several variations in it's lifespan.
We can modify lights that have the same bezel configuration as the X300.
Any other X200 models will not fit our custom heatsink.

Lights that match the photos on the sales page are acceptable.

Here is a photo of the original X300 Triple that has been around the world on the rifle of a US Army soldier.
I am rebuilding it with the latest electronics now.
If your X200 has this bezel, we can work our magic on it.

Last edited:

mikesantor

Enlightened

Sounds good.

I have one of the original triple x300s from you guys as well. Im just trying to figure out if i should send that one to get remodded or if i should send an unmodded one in. Im leaning towards the former.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Sounds good.

I have one of the original triple x300s from you guys as well. Im just trying to figure out if i should send that one to get remodded or if i should send an unmodded one in. Im leaning towards the former.
Its the same amount of work to open a pre upgraded one as stock. So I would go for the later. A used v4 is probably worth more than a brand new U in any case.

Update
We've had requests for testing data. There are two guys with tester x300s in the field.

Here is the first, the very light shown in post 12:

x300tester.jpg

This [v4 triple upgraded] X300 has been my primary weapon light for over 5 years!

1000+ rounds on various pistols including the Glock 19, Sig M11 and Beretta M9.

1500+ rounds on an AK-47, offset mounted at 11 o'clock.

8000+ 5.56 rounds on various AR/M4 carbines including 10 months in Afghanistan on an issued M4 deployed with 10th MTN DIV (LI), where it completed over 100 missions without failure.

Last edited:

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened

When you mentioned the different variations of X200, I believe you are speaking of:

The X200B, which had a ribbed head (similar looking to the e series KL1 head). This bezel is obviously way too small to accept your triple modification.

The X200A which had a slightly crenulated bezel. That bezel was almost the same size as an X300, but still slightly smaller. That bezel also has an optic that focuses the beam to a tight diamond shaped pattern. Unless you plan to replace the optic with a glass lens, I don't think your triple will fit in that one either.

I would rather send you an X200 since they are pretty much obsolete at this point. I would just like to confirm that you have previously done these modifications on that platform. Thanks.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

If your x200 looks like the pics we shared of the X300, then yes we can mod it for you.

-Tom

hawaiianbob

Newly Enlightened
x300 mod!!!

I think the first thing that I ever saw from Oveready was the x300 mod years ago. I thought to myself that would be so cool to have... Then I learned that it was a special project and not a production product.:mecry: Then I learned about supply and demand while trying to get a hold of one of the triple led heads. that was a lot of breath holding and sweating.:faint: I did manage to get one and a wasp later on. Tonight I just so happened to wander over to the web site and saw a picture of a triple led x300 sitting there. I just about jumped out of my chair. I cant wait to try this mod out. Everyone in my division probably thinks I'm scared of the dark and is awe struck when I roll up to a scene and light up the entire area with my wasp. I think having the option of having the same amount of light on my handgun and rifle will be very helpful. I cant wait to see these x300's in action. I cant figure out how I missed the announcement about these... SO EXCITED!!!:caution:

hawaiianbob

Newly Enlightened

...How the heck did I miss this till now... O well found it and now you only have 1 left I think:D

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

...How the heck did I miss this till now... O well found it and now you only have 1 left I think:D
We have parts enough for about 20 more x300. After that, upgrades will be x300u only (coming soon-ish)

mikesantor

Enlightened

Order placed for 2. Had a hell of a time finding X300s second hand outside ebay (which I don't use.)

Any Estimates on current lead times once the lights are in your hands? Thanks so much guys.