• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLIP HACK - WASP Shorty ZEROREZ Moddoolar CLIP!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some down and dirty pics of my WASP clip hack on a ZeroRez Shorty. The OR, super awesome, Triad Belt & Pocket clips don't work for me. It will rub the head when you twist. It also protrudes too far for me. So, I have been trying to figure out a low profile clip that does no rubbing or damage to the finish. I love this light and carry it everywhere. I must have a clip for my lights.
When I saw the new Foursevens Paladin PK lights, I just knew I could make that clip work. So I ordered one.
With a little file work, here are the results. It has two nubs that need to be filed. Also, you need to file around the whole ring until you get the fit you want. When installing, be careful not to tear your double o-orings. You should be able to file it down til it slips easily over the o-rings. I will likely add a additional o-ring next to the clip to keep it from moving any when light is off, but it isn't really necessary.
Sorry for the bad pics. But, you get the gist.

C4D39798-C52E-4D4E-916D-D82521834203_zpshbiwuluh.jpg

C8EEE082-AB66-4FB5-9D77-7AF7163C07B6_zpsrwthhzbe.jpg

Yes it still tail stands! It sits deep in your pocket! Clip perfection for me!

63D133CC-1480-464B-BC74-4474894833F1_zpsrybyttdw.jpg

Thanks OR for the chance to own such a awesome lighting tool.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks boafish, I am proud of this little hack. I don't often get to excited with my little hacks. But this one is a stone cold winner for me.

On the WASP ownership: If you had to own only one light, this could be it. I would get all the bodies and tails the offer, and you could have a endless supply of lego fun! This one has the Red led. I also have a triple with Amber. I prefer the Amber.

Also, if you like knives, you may be one who likes your knife to ride low in the pocket. Some call it a flush clip. Well, I am that way, and this clip makes the light flush! So freaking cool! Hope others like it as much as me. I may need to take a pic of it riding in the pocket?

boafish

Newly Enlightened
I am a fan of deep carry clips. When I went to Brad Blounts house, he showed me his collection. He had a wasp and I was very impressed with it. There was one that sold on here a few months ago that I tried to claim, but my membership was messed up somehow and wouldn't let me comment. By the time I figured it out, it had sold. I've been on the search since

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a fan of deep carry clips. When I went to Brad Blounts house, he showed me his collection. He had a wasp and I was very impressed with it. There was one that sold on here a few months ago that I tried to claim, but my membership was messed up somehow and wouldn't let me comment. By the time I figured it out, it had sold. I've been on the search since
It may actually be this light! lol. If so, you missed a awesome light. I have used it alot and it has been a pleasure.

The pics are clear. Deep pocket carry (or flush as you call it) is great. Nice McGivering.
Deep carry, yes, I should have remembered that term too. I always say flush. But Deep is the word with this clip.

Here ya go:

3E747CC1-2EEA-4892-A598-00E1E2E5FC51_zpsapooi5a7.jpg

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super awesome hack Str8. Not just awesome but super awesome. :thumbsup: Glad I bought a few extra PK clips (and of course the zerorez shorty).

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome mod! :)

(For those who are interested in the mod, the clips are available in stainless steel and black from the accessories section of the 4Sevens site.)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!!

my preference is 2x18350 in a zero rez tl50 slim, clip would go nicely with that but it looks fantastic with the triad !!

going to have to order some.

need to go to foursevens, not 4sevens (where I first went...), hate name changes...

Picked up a black one & silver (stainless) one, $9 each, free usps shipping in USA....

Last edited:

boafish

Newly Enlightened
Str8stroke, you'll be happy to hear that I scored a wasp v5 natural finish pocket clicky setup. I've ordered a shorty tube for it and this foursevens clip so I can do this exact mod. Thanks!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke - I have 2 clips on the way. I have 2 shorty setups with the smoothie bezel and different dropins. The clip will be a very nice addition.