Alpha ID

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
I have a Prometheus Alpha number 0036. It has a black and white serial tag and is an XML. The button and clicky boot are all factory and blue. The makers mark is What exactly is this light? Blue label? Blue label custom? I am asking because I want to use a shorty body on it but I am worried it isn't compatible.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again. Blue Label serial number stickers are...blue. If the stamp looks like the object next to the words Prometheus Lights, at the top of each of his website pages, then it's a Ready Made.....but I thought Ready Mades only came with neutral MC-E emitters. It's possible that someone performed an emitter swap on it. You may need to ask Jason to be absolutely sure.

When I read the original post, I didn't notice the serial number. That's an early one. :)

As far as I know, components from the different product lines are all compatible with each other. To confirm, I just replaced the Ready Made with Icarus driver pass around light's body with my Shorty Blue Label tube. It looks and works great.

Last edited:

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
It is a blue label with the "H" stamp and not the prometheus logo.

Did you decide to buy the Icarus driver?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Pre Blue-Label customs are numbered #0001 to #0149 (four digit, white sticker)
Ready-Made lights start at #0150 (four digit, white sticker)
Blue-Label lights start at #100 (three digit, blue/gold sticker)

Per Jason. So what you have is a pre blue label custom.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current Ready Made Customs are shipping with a 3 digit Blue/Silver sticker.

The Shorty tube works with Pre Blue label, Blue labels, Ready Made Customs, and also Ready Made's. You should be good to go shorty :).

I have a shorty on my Ready made Custom, and I am extremely happy with it.

GL