• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

XT1C ... anything on the way? XPL HI w/ higher output, maybe?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
XT1C is my favorite 1xCR123/16340 EDC light ever (I've been running a 16340 in it for a long time, works great). But it's looking a little long in the tooth. Would love to see it upgraded, lights these size put out nearly double the lumens these days, with great intensity via XPL-HI. Anything around the corner? (for that matter, I'd love to see the XT2C get an XPL-HI as well, but that's a different thread!)

Thanks!
Joe

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
They only released the XP-G2 version early last summer which makes me think the XT1A and XT1C were upgraded only this year because they did not sell as well as the other models from the XT series such as XT11, XT2C, and even the XT2A. IMHO, these models have a much better chance to be upgraded earlier but of course I could be wrong. You could always try to suggest it to Klarus - no harm in trying.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Labrador. I didn't realize they upgraded it at all to the XP-G2. In fact, looking around the web, I can't find any evidence of it that at all! Just the XP-G version. XP-G2 would at least be some kind of upgrade, but with an XP-L HI, I really think it becomes THE 1x123 sized defensive/utility light, hands down.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upgrade is on the Klarus company website: "CREE XP-G2 LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours" http://www.klaruslight.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=128&id=23

I agree it's not much of a change - barely an additional 40 lumen if I remember correctly.

They recently launched a suggestion reward campaign so maybe you can contact them with a list of improvements they could implement to the XT lights - if I remember correctly you own a few of them - together with the XP-L HI upgrade. I didn't read the full article but I guess you might get a light for free if they implement your suggestions.
http://www.klaruslight.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=136&id=55

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I made the suggestion!

BTW, it's interesting on the XT1C link for the XP-G2 version you gave. The specs state a working voltage of 1.8V-3.2V, but the Optional Accessories section has a 16340 in it :) I've been running a 16340 in my original XT1C for years, I'm guessing (hoping) the XP-G2 version's driver supports it also...

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely... you are 90% there to having the best 1x123 sized tactical light ever created... good quality, good form factor, perfect UI, switches feel great. The characteristics of an XP-L HI, plus competitive-level output and a voltage report would make it incomparable, IMO.

klight

Enlightened
XT1C is my favorite 1xCR123/16340 EDC light ever (I've been running a 16340 in it for a long time, works great). But it's looking a little long in the tooth. Would love to see it upgraded, lights these size put out nearly double the lumens these days, with great intensity via XPL-HI. Anything around the corner? (for that matter, I'd love to see the XT2C get an XPL-HI as well, but that's a different thread!)

Thanks!
Joe

Thanks for your suggestion Joe,

We will let our engineers know. and if new products release, you can see it be release on the web.
Maybe they have listed on " new products plan", but not sure the time, let's we see month later?

Have good weekend!
Klight

klight

Enlightened
Absolutely... you are 90% there to having the best 1x123 sized tactical light ever created... good quality, good form factor, perfect UI, switches feel great. The characteristics of an XP-L HI, plus competitive-level output and a voltage report would make it incomparable, IMO.

We are so glad to hear you like our product!
We will collect all suggestions and evaluations to our engineers, all those information will be great support to drive "innovation" rising.
If you have more spark and suggestions, welcome to contact us by email [email protected]
Have nice weekend!

nivek666

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait for the xpl-hi to be ported to this. Hope to see it with a smooth reflector too.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait for the xpl-hi to be ported to this. Hope to see it with a smooth reflector too.

The one bummer here is, Klarus put an XPL Hi into the XT2C already, and got an absolutely pathetic 14K candlepower from it -- in lights this size, every other vendor can nearly get that with their XML2 lights, and with XPL HI, typically gets 20+K candlepower. There's no good explanation for it, maybe Klarus just doesn't know how to make the right reflector for an XPL HI yet, but with everyone else getting 50%-75% greater candlepower in 1"-head lights, it doesn't make sense. Let's hope they nail it for the XT1C.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

The one bummer here is, Klarus put an XPL Hi into the XT2C already, and got an absolutely pathetic 14K candlepower from it -- in lights this size, every other vendor can nearly get that with their XML2 lights, and with XPL HI, typically gets 20+K candlepower. There's no good explanation for it, maybe Klarus just doesn't know how to make the right reflector for an XPL HI yet, but with everyone else getting 50%-75% greater candlepower in 1"-head lights, it doesn't make sense. Let's hope they nail it for the XT1C.

Maybe we all need to email Klarus?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe,
Have you had any battery issues with your XT1C?

No, none at all. I've run 2 or 3 batteries through it, an AWR 16340, a Nitecore 16340, and a 16340 IMR that I can't remember the brand for. No problems with any batteries, the light performs awesome on the 16340.

I have to confess to suspecting that my old (xpg2?) XT1C might put out about the same candela as the new XPL HI version, though with much lower lumens... which will definitely irritate me, if that's the case. Love everything about the new XT1/2C except the anemic candlepower Klarus is managing out of them.