*2016* New Fenix PD32 2016: 900 Lumens

tanmoy88

Banned
http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=2195&tid=9&cid=1#

2016141712458004.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
I like Fenix lights. Have sold a few the last months, but overall I like them. But it seems Fenix has no more new design ideas. Just put a new led in a existing light, and whoop, we have a new light.
Sure, ones you've a good design, there is no need to change, but can't imagine this is IT.

1DaveN

Enlightened
It seems like a flashlight would be a pretty difficult thing to innovate. You used to have on/off, now you have on/off/mode - LEDs and batteries, which are developed by others, seem to be the only area that's open to "innovation." (Search and rescue might be an exception, but I'm not looking for anything brighter than a PD35).

It seems like this is the time of year when a new catalog should be coming out, new models announced at Shot Show, etc.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Fenix lights. Have sold a few the last months, but overall I like them. But it seems Fenix has no more new design ideas. Just put a new led in a existing light, and whoop, we have a new light.
Sure, ones you've a good design, there is no need to change, but can't imagine this is IT.

Yawn nothing much new just more power,getting really boring the Fenix Brand.
x10 to both of these. Looks to me like it's very close to a PD35

It seems like a flashlight would be a pretty difficult thing to innovate. You used to have on/off, now you have on/off/mode - LEDs and batteries, which are developed by others, seem to be the only area that's open to "innovation." (Search and rescue might be an exception, but I'm not looking for anything brighter than a PD35).

It seems like this is the time of year when a new catalog should be coming out, new models announced at Shot Show, etc.
Overall design and appearance could be one. Look at PK designed lights, yes they are flashlights but they have some really neat looking designs. Olight it hit big with the S1 and all of the variations available and they really made a hit with the M3XS-UT and M2XUT. Fenix seems to have gotten stuck in the typical all black, dual switch, no moonlight mode, and no neutral tint rut. I really like my Fenixs but they don't really change much anymore. I would really like to see them take the E20 and add a neutral option, I would be all over it.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
It looks like a PD35 TAC but 7.5mm shorter and a little less powerful. I'd be more interested in a smaller model in the PD line that used a 18350 battery for 900 lumens.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a PD35 TAC but 7.5mm shorter and a little less powerful. I'd be more interested in a smaller model in the PD line that used a 18350 battery for 900 lumens.

And, ironically, the "TAC" light has a UI that for most doctrine is not suitable for tactical use (changes modes with each tailcap push), but the PD32 seems to have a UI that is! lol I like the PD32, only thing that seems to be missing is a voltage report? Or did I miss that

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
........ I like the PD32, only thing that seems to be missing is a voltage report? Or did I miss that
I saw this in the brochure:
"Low-voltage warning function ....when the light is turned on, low battery voltage will cause the LED to blink three times every five minutes to remind you to replace the battery."

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Ooohhh I'm very interested in this model... I like it's smaller than the PD35TAC (which I was previously considering)...

The length on this PD32 unit is listed at 5.1 inches... I'm guessing this would fit nicely with the Maxpeditation 4 inch Flashlight Sheath (the specs say it will accomodate flashlights up to 5 inches)... The light is also small enough to pocket carry but I like having the options to attach it to my belt and free up some pocket space....

You can also get a discount on your purchase if you sign up for the Fenix newsletter, which is some added incentive for me to pull the trigger, lol....

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
if only this new PD32 had a deep carry clip! Still really like this new PD32. Didnt expect Fenix to revamp it like this. Fenix will sell this new PD32 as fast as they can make them.

ven

Flashaholic
I like it in the fact its a short tac style light. The pd35 is kind of borderline /too big for some EDC uses(depending on wearing combat/clown pants).

900lm or 1000lm or 1100lm if in a similar reflector to me is a very hard to notice bump unless at a distance...........still hard

But me too, some new fresh designs would be well accepted Fenix please..............i know it gets harder these days but how about a pd32 ti or one with an xhp35..................or xhp50/70 with 2x 18350!

Programmable driver too..................infinite control UI.........

Kind of stand out a bit in design/UI............from the crowd

Edit- and a better clip, looks exactly the same as the pd35 which annoyingly (to me) rotates easy and has had to super glue(works but should not have to)

IMO

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 18650 light I got was the Pd32 G2 with 340 lumens. I have been strictly an eneloop flashlight guy since.....but this is making me want to give the 18650 world another chance. I like that the design of these lights is simple and not flashy. Fenix stands out by consistently offering lights perform well and are well made. Does the XP-L HI have a tight or larger hot spot?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-L HI has a smaller brighter hotspot over XM-L2, XP-L and XM-L. However due to the small dimensions of the reflector, it won't be a tiny hotspot.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 18650 light I got was the Pd32 G2 with 340 lumens.........
My first 18650 light too, only it was the PD32, XP-G, (315 lumens) right after they were first released. I have always liked it because of its size. The only other light that I had that was smaller for 18650, was the ET D25LC2 twisty............but it had no tail cap switch which I'm very fond of. I have since modded my PD32 to an XP-G2.