• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus Warranty Issue

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

In July 2015 I purchased a Klarus XT11 from a dealer in Smyrna, Georgia. After only 4 times using the light I noticed that one of the pins that holds the piece that covers the secondary mode switch had fallen out. Of course I had to remove the piece to continue using the light.

I noticed this just past the 30 day period that I had to return the light so I contacted Klarus via email and talked to someone named Sarah. I explained to Sarah the issue and asked for a replacement tail cap. Sarah asked what color light I had and told me that Klarus would send it to the dealer that I purchased from and that they would send it to me.

That was 5 months ago.

I was very patient and checked in with the dealer via email about once a month but was told either out of stock, could be a while, still waiting, one or two more weeks. The dealer never did receive the part I was promised and are now only offering me a replacement of the wrong color and only because I mentioned on their YouTube channel my opinion of the Klarus XT11. They were very quick to reply via email yesterday when offering the wrong color tail cap but once I mentioned that after 5 months this was unacceptable and that I would like to take advantage of my 5 year warranty and have the light replaced I have since received no reply.

Unfortunately the tail cap is not my only issue with the light. There is a bad flicker on the low mode and recently I have discovered that the light pulses when cold on the high mode.

I have tried contacting Klarus 3 times since November about honoring my 5 year warranty and I have been ignored each time.

I do not believe that I am being treated fairly and I wish this to be dealt with once and for all.

Thank you.

uWi5obW.jpg

Last edited:

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
I've bought all my lights from GoingGear but never had any warranty issues. Also have subscribed to Marshals channel from day one, always thought that they were customer oriented. Disappointed to hear this.

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
@Enzo

Going Gear is fine in my books. It's Klarus that I'm concerned about. It's been a week since posting this and klight has logged in a few times yet for some reason is unable to reply.

I still want this issue resolved.

Even if Klarus were to send me a new light encrusted with diamonds I would not ever purchase from them again.

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
Hi there klight. It's been a month now and no reply? That makes nearly 6 months in total that I've been trying to resolve this issue.

This forum is likely the biggest flashlight forum in the world. This forum and the excellent reviews probably help sell hundreds if not thousands of Klarus flashlights. I find it extremely frustrating that you can not simply resolve this issue for me.

jfong

Newly Enlightened
Klarus seems to struggle a bit with customer service. Their market, from what I can tell, is more of the military / LEO / hunting crowd. I'd say email is probably a better bet to ping them directly rather than relying on this forum.

The past few weeks were a bit crazy with the SHOT Show and now Lunar New Year, but hopefully they respond soon.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting your experience with Klarus. I have an XT2A from bladehq I carry in my EDC bag, it has the two buttons on the tailcap but doesn't have that cool flip cover like yours. Hope you get your light squared away soon.

Me, I'm terrible at waiting for dubious warranty service. If you're stuck with the light as is and no OEM remedy in sight, I recommend replacing the pins with tiny machine screws. Would look pretty cool.

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
I recommend replacing the pins with tiny machine screws. Would look pretty cool.

I've considered it but unfortunately it's not just the piece falling off that is the problem. There's the random flicker on the low mode and when I'm outside and it's below -20 it pulses in high. So basically the light is useless and I need to buy another one.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of the main reasons that I try to get my lights through Amazon if possible. I even had an issue with this same dealer who was selling 3rd party through Amazon. Had the wrong light advertised on Amazon. Wouldn't refund me until they got the light back....the light that I didn't order by the way. Then it took WEEKS after they received the returned light to process my refund. Poopy customer service for sure. That and the fact that I had 3, count em 3 faulty XT11s is why I'm done with both that dealer and that manufacturer. If you get used to Amazon's shipping, customer service, no hassle return policy etc, it's hard to buy from elsewhere. Having said that I've bought through Foursevens directly a few times recently and their customer service is awesome.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Yes they should.

BTW, I've had the light for 7 months now, 6 of those trying to get this sorted.

How did you pay for the light?

Some credit card companies will perform a chargeback several months or even a year after the original date of purchase if a product turns out not to be fit for purpose.

I believe PayPal allow several months for claims as well now, although I don't know what the time limit actually is.

Last edited:

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
How did you pay for the light?

Some credit card companies will perform a chargeback several months or even a year after the original date of purchase if a product turns out not to be fit for purpose.

I used a Visa, the kind that I load up when needed for online purchases only. I'll have to check into it.

This is one of the main reasons that I try to get my lights through Amazon if possible. I even had an issue with this same dealer who was selling 3rd party through Amazon. Had the wrong light advertised on Amazon. Wouldn't refund me until they got the light back....the light that I didn't order by the way. Then it took WEEKS after they received the returned light to process my refund. Poopy customer service for sure. That and the fact that I had 3, count em 3 faulty XT11s is why I'm done with both that dealer and that manufacturer. If you get used to Amazon's shipping, customer service, no hassle return policy etc, it's hard to buy from elsewhere. Having said that I've bought through Foursevens directly a few times recently and their customer service is awesome.

Yes, I have experienced Amazon's service. I had a similar issue and it was resolved very quickly and effectively.

GG has sent me a replacement tailcap although it has not solved the low mode flicker (which seems to happen only when it wants to). I have been in regular contact with Marshall through YouTube believe it or not (seems to be more effective than dealing with his staff via email for some reason). I will certainly deal with GG again, and very soon because they have lots of stuff that I want. :D

I began this thread nearly 2 months ago now. Klight has logged in several times, the last being just a week ago, yet no attempt has been made to address anyone in this forum. I find this appalling.

I do hope that people who are considering Klarus find this thread before making a final decision on any Klarus products. Don't just look for reviews of products, also look for feedback from customers about the customer service that manufacturers claim that they will provide. You might just save yourself a lot of frustration.

TheeBadOne

Newly Enlightened
I too am done with Klarus. I had the original XT-11 (600 lumen) and now the upgraded XT-11. Both had the secondary tail light switch quit working after about 1.5 yrs.
On the original XT-11 about 3 yrs ago they did respond to my email and offered to have me ship it in for repair. I tried to get them to send me the part so I wouldn't be w/o a duty light. No dice, and they eventually quit responding to me.
I purchased an upgraded XT-11 to replace it, since I loved the feature set so much. Unfortunately, same issue. Now when I've tried to email several times over the past 2 weeks I get zero reply.

I'm going to order a Fenix and hope for better luck. Before buying a Fenix I have emailed their support email address with a question to test how responsive they are.

If anyone gets any satisfaction from Klarus for repair please update!
I bought both from Amazon.com and will be contacting them to advise of Klarus and their non-response to warranty requests.

bonbonbin_

Newly Enlightened
:shakeheadWhich email address you sent?

If no response, you may could call. maybe the email just be rejected.

I was purchase the light and was back to ask warranty, they will find the right /related seller/dealer to ship warranty parts or just ship to them, they will fix it and ship back.

Someone like call manufacturer but not seller, maybe that's more easy to let them fix issue? just personal idea

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I was done with klarus a while back over something so small as a clip. Poor communications and a month wasted to make contact said enough to me. Nothing resolved in the end....
Why would I spend any more on a light if there is as good as no back up! The P1A was not a bad little light either , however this experience has saved me a few £ over the last couple of years and will continue to :)

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

Was that us? Can you shoot me a PM with more details so I can investigate?

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
GG has sent me a replacement tailcap although it has not solved the low mode flicker (which seems to happen only when it wants to). I have been in regular contact with Marshall through YouTube believe it or not (seems to be more effective than dealing with his staff via email for some reason). I will certainly deal with GG again, and very soon because they have lots of stuff that I want. :D

We were having some email server issues in January that we didn't realize were happening for a few weeks. The issue has since been resolved and my guys spend a whole lot of time answering emails each day, so a lack of response on our part shouldn't happen again. We never ignore communications on purpose.

Nighted

Newly Enlightened
We were having some email server issues in January that we didn't realize were happening for a few weeks. The issue has since been resolved and my guys spend a whole lot of time answering emails each day, so a lack of response on our part shouldn't happen again. We never ignore communications on purpose.

Just so you know, I'm done with this light. What a disappointment. I want to sent it back for warranty replacement or repair but;

1.) It took so freaking long just to get the tailcap....6 months? C'mon!
2.) I have to pay postage and insurance to send it back to you to what, wait ANOTHER 6 months?
3.) I have to buy a new light regardless.

So...my question is what options does that really leave me with? Buy a new light which I must purchase anyway or hmmmm...buy a new light and also spend MORE money and waiting forever to replace a light that has given me nothing but grief. To this day STILL no response from Klarus on this forum.

A month or 2 after GG FINALLY replaced the tail cap Sarah from Klarus decided to email me back (March 18), 4 months after my last attempt to contact her, giving the excuse that she was busy at "Shot Show". What a joke.

Considering how much BS and time I've had to endure, a company that actually CARES about its customers and its reputation would be all over this.

I'm one second away from sending this light to every popular reviewer on YouTube and every light forum on the freaking planet.

Last edited:

Raysbeam

Enlightened
Just so you know, I'm done with this light. What a disappointment. I want to sent it back for warranty replacement or repair but;

1.) It took so freaking long just to get the tailcap....6 months? C'mon!
2.) I have to pay postage and insurance to send it back to you to what, wait ANOTHER 6 months?
3.) I have to buy a new light regardless.

So...my question is what options does that really leave me with? Buy a new light which I must purchase anyway or hmmmm...buy a new light and also spend MORE money and waiting forever to replace a light that has given me nothing but grief. To this day STILL no response from Klarus on this forum.

A month or 2 after GG FINALLY replaced the tail cap Sarah from Klarus decided to email me back (March 18), 4 months after my last attempt to contact her, giving the excuse that she was busy at "Shot Show". What a joke.

Considering how much BS and time I've had to endure, a company that actually CARES about its customers and its reputation would be all over this.

I'm one second away from sending this light to every popular reviewer on YouTube and every light forum on the freaking planet.

Well thanks, you saved me some money. I was going to purchase the XT11S but I think I'll go with Armytek as they now finally ship from Canada.

bdogps

Enlightened
Sorry about your terrible experiences with this manufacturer mate. You only find out how good they are until the light fails and you have to deal with their customer service. I hope it gets you a favourable out come. All the best mate.