CLHC

Flashaholic
Any "love" for Mora Knives here on CPF?

Here's my starter of these Made in Sweden Knives:

m4fu6VUl.jpg

ifPfGKZl.jpg

Size comparison of the 749 to the Apple 13" MacBook Pro

lCPofC7l.jpg

I bought the 748 & 749 for Kitchen utility use only. That's all for now.

buds224

Enlightened
Those are some nice Moras. Been thinking of adding more to my Emergency kit. I have a Light My Fire Mora that was marked down at my local store. Very nice quality. Feather sticks are a snap. My next one will be the bushcraft in black.

Again, nice collection!!!

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have one Mora, Classic 2.0, picked it up to see what all the fuss was about. While the actual knife its self has quite a few cons it's overall pretty good especially when you factor in the price. The carbon on most, but not all, is harder then the stainless and holds a nice edge if you can deal with discoloring and such. I'd get another, they're practical and good.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the best value for dollar knife out there. And they are a lot sturdier than one would think for a rat-tail tang knife.

I think I need another one, or two.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money they're hard to beat. So inexpensive even the Chinese don't knock them off.

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Those are some nice Moras. Been thinking of adding more to my Emergency kit. I have a Light My Fire Mora that was marked down at my local store. Very nice quality. Feather sticks are a snap. My next one will be the bushcraft in black.

You won't be sorry, it's an amazing knife!

31b6b6498ec8047c072fc87e0b548767.jpg

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic

Thanks!

I believe I'll be "need[ing]" more of these Moraknivs! :wave:

scout24

Flashaholic
These are my favorite size, and representative of the dozen or so I own. All utility sized, 4-5" blade, useful in a pinch for just about anything. I used the oldest one here to carve a chicken tonight. :) It has a permanent place on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. Laminated, had an orange handle long ago. The newer wood handled one is also laminate, both are pushing 20 years old. The two plastic handled are newer, and both are carbon steel.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
These are my favorite size, and representative of the dozen or so I own. All utility sized, 4-5" blade, useful in a pinch for just about anything. I used the oldest one here to carve a chicken tonight. :) It has a permanent place on the windowsill above my kitchen sink. Laminated, had an orange handle long ago. The newer wood handled one is also laminate, both are pushing 20 years old. The two plastic handled are newer, and both are carbon steel.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg
See what I mean? The most purposeful knives easily available today. And pushing 20+ years of ownership and usage! Awesome! Did you say: "orange"-handle[d] one?

scout24

Flashaholic
Yep! The bottom wooden handled one was bright orange many moons ago. Still a little visible at the base of the handle. It started wearing off, so I helped it along...

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, i dont love them. i use them like i hate them :) And when im done, i throw them away. Grew up with mora knifes, and the marked is flooded with mora knives. If I walk into any nearby petrol station, i will most likely find a mora there. So for me, mora knifes is as exciting
as a dinner fork :) They are great knives. Of all the mora knifes, i like the mora 2000 the most.
P1010065_zps46f7iebz.jpg

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might have to adjust my previous comment about Mora and cost, I just saw they introduced a new model with a retail price of $110. Prior to that it seems every Mora I've seen was in the $15-40 range. The new model boasts a full tang and leather sheath but still that's a hefty jump in price for a budget knife.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have never ever managed to break a plastic handle mora. Not in use, not even when abused with a hammer in extreme low tempratures. And i have done my fair share of using a hammer on a mora. The wood handle moras, can split the grip when its hammer time. But the plastic handle versions can take more beating than most folks ever will give a knife. So i know i will never need a full tang mora. And if i did buy a 100$ full tang mora, i would prob never use a hammer on it. Thats the big pros on a cheap mora. If i need to hammer it trough some wood or steel wires, i dont hesitate. Im not going to cut some steel wire with a hammer and my coldsteel master hunter :)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes its a wolffish. Looks ugly, taste good. And can bite off your fingers even after you chop its head off. So must handle them with care.

Easy prey when freediving.
Its not scared of pepole, so it wont flee when i spot them.