• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Mediun vs. Narrow Beam on an Eiger Ultra or Eiger?

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a recommendation on whether a medium or narrow beam pattern is better for a regular EDC duty?

Perhaps someone has a photo showing both beams?

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, that goes a long way to understanding the difference between the narrow and medium beam.

I would love to know where that individual got that pocketclip for the Logan.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
The narrow optic is already by far the floodiest of my AAA lights, and does well for EDC. The throw is maybe 2/3 that of a Maratac AAA buy it is good for close up and medium work due to the diffuse hotspot. The medium will be even floodier and appear dimmer because of the diffusion of the beam, so it is best for close work, ideally with a 2 cell body or 10440s to boost the output a bit.

The clip is the only good option I am aware of and is the Prometheus clip from darksucks.com. speaking of clips, it only works on the keychain model or with a momentary switch. The pocket and lug models are solid at the rear.

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
I wonder what ever happened to the wide beam option that I have on my eiger that I bought years ago.
It's a level 8, and, as I read somewhere on CPF, a perfect wall of light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Wide (diffuser) optic option hasn't been available for some time now.

Mule (no optic or reflector) is / was occasionally available through Oveready.