HDS Systems Headlamps #1

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
So who's excited about a HDS headlamp?

There has been talk/rumors for months now & SHOT is this week so this is a prime opportunity for Henry to announce it.

Last year at SHOT show Henry announced the 2xAA & 18650 tubes so we can all hope.

I figured a separate thread would help any headlamp specific details not get lost in the regular mega thread. (Thanks wacbuzz)

Anybody have any knowledge to share or just hopes & dreams?

After having owned multiple ZL's & Sparks my personal hope is for a HDS headlamp that looks like a Spark ST6 but with the rotary dial & button on one end. Also this would be a prime opportunity for him to make it 18350 compatible with a delrin sleeve for CR123a's.

I'm also assuming the the flood reflector will be compatible which would be super awesome.

StuGatz found this video so I'm adding it here:

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it's small and light. Henry did mention in the main HDS thread that he would be wearing one at SHOT so whoevers going could hopefully post some pics of it here. Would be much appreciated!

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am eagerly awaiting this!

A bomb-proof programmable headlamp... Isn't this what Henry started out making lights for?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm predicting the rotary dial will be standard on the headlamp, possibly with detents added. No Clicky only model. The head strap won't be stretchy, but fixed somehow, yet adjustable, like a hard hat. An optional chin strap will also be part of the design. Also included will be the ability to mount two lights to the head strap. [emoji16]

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it's small and light. Henry did mention in the main HDS thread that he would be wearing one at SHOT so whoevers going could hopefully post some pics of it here. Would be much appreciated!
The only description Henry has given is along the lines of "Think of everything you hate about headlamps. Now picture a headlamp that solves each one of those problems."

Can't wait to see what he's cooked up in his mad scientist lab.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only description Henry has given is along the lines of "Think of everything you hate about headlamps. Now picture a headlamp that solves each one of those problems."

Can't wait to see what he's cooked up in his mad scientist lab.

I've never seen that quote before but he's got some big competition out there. I'm not trying to denigrate anything that HDS does and I hope his headlamp is awesome, but there's not much I hate about my Zebralights. The addition of Rotary controls would definitely have my attention.

Regardless of how it turns out, I'm watching.

redryder

Enlightened
Here's my HDS headlamp :laughing::

HDS%20H1_zpsl90eme2w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It works pretty well:
HDS%20H2_zpsrvqxqxwx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]