Good fixed blade

mattlyon

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! Looking for a good fixed blade knife but not too expensive (under $50) that I can not be too concerned about using. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some the ones I got that seem good to me.

Becker BK2 used under $50 is a deal
Camillus 10" Carbonitride
Buck Special Hunting 0119BKS
Gerber Strong Arm

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Made in the U.S.A. KA-BAR and the KA-BAR Beckers.

Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ontario Spec plus line is good for the $50 ish price range, I like the SP5 Bowie; but I usually favor smaller knives for cutting and a good machete for chopping and heavier work.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Ontario Spec plus line is good for the $50 ish price range, I like the SP5 Bowie; but I usually favor smaller knives for cutting and a good machete for chopping and heavier work.
Personally, I like the Ontario Spec Plus Gen II line of knives. Here's the one I have:

Side-by-side comparison with the Becker BK9

Hfdcowboy

Newly Enlightened
Bk2 for your price range, if you wanna step up to the 100.00 mark I would go ESEE. Depending on what it's used for of course.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! Looking for a good fixed blade knife but not too expensive (under $50) that I can not be too concerned about using. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

The GI tanto by cold steel is cheaper and will literally cut most of the other blades in its price range in half. I've shoved it through a car roof (junkyard, of course������������) and it is still fine. Made out of sword steel, extremely strong. At $35 it couldn't go wrong if it was weak, but it is stronger than most blades its thickness on the market regardless of price.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
If you want to get out bit outside the normal check out Jeff White. Often he sells on ebay etc or directly online. This one cost me under 50 dollars shipped. 1/8 inch thick of 1095.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
Some the ones I got that seem good to me.

Becker BK2 used under $50 is a deal
Camillus 10" Carbonitride
Buck Special Hunting 0119BKS
Gerber Strong Arm

You can't go wrong with a buck knife. They have a lifetime warranty. I broke the tip of the blade on my folder. They replaced the blade at NC and it only took a couple of weeks to boot.

Can't beat that,

Bob

1DaveN

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with a buck knife. They have a lifetime warranty. I broke the tip of the blade on my folder. They replaced the blade at NC and it only took a couple of weeks to boot.

Can't beat that,

Bob

I've got a Buck Folding Hunter I got in 1977 or 78, and it's still a great knife. I'll admit it hasn't seen much hard use, and I'm not sure a similar Buck made today would be comparable, but how many 40 year old products are still usable today?

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Buck Folding Hunter I got in 1977 or 78, ... I'm not sure a similar Buck made today would be comparable, but how many 40 year old products are still usable today?

They're not because the heat treatment is different and they sell lots of knives that fall outside the company's original quadratic.