REVIEW: NEXTORCH GL10 (nichia led , built-in battery 180 mAh)

realista

Enlightened
UAvIlDC.jpg

(i am not so good to write in english, i am surely making a lot of grammar error, so please be compliant with me. I accept suggestions and corrections if you wanna point me where i wrote a "strange phrase" and suggest me the correct way to express myself in the english language)

First impressions:
Shipped from: NEXTORCH for review purpose

This is the NEXTORCH smallest flashlight, it's part of the "S series" and it's available in 6 different colors: black, pink, blue, orange, green, red.
It's clear this is just a courtesy keychain light, given its relatively low light output.

IMah528.jpg

64iOz7l.jpg

9wDmYMe.jpg

fWzH4je.jpg

Xellkiy.jpg

4pLnbPE.jpg

Modes and estimated lumens:

Switch type: ELECTRONIC
There are " 3 " modes in the following order: hi – low – strobo

To enter into the strobo mode you have to press for 1 second the button, it works anyway if you start from OFF state or ON state.

My estimated lumens are 18

>>>LIGHT >>> The angle of refraction:
eSoQxOg.jpg

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):
This flashlight weighs precisely 9,5 (excluded ring)or 11,8 gr (included ring)

dimensions: 5,4cm x 2,4cm x 9mm

Construction quality:
The only 2 material used are plastic (for the body) and soft rubber for lanyard hole, electronic switch and the covering of the micro usb port.
But atfer all… is there any better material for a day by day abuse??
This kind of plastic seems to resist to light scratches and its finish is opaque.

Compared to a Nitecote Tube, the GL10 is shorter but a little more wider

NEXTORCH said me they used a 180 mAh battery inside it, that's more than 100mAh included into the Nitecore Tube

Keychain ring: INCLUDED

Lanyard hole: PRESENT (one)

compared to K3 and K20

NlziKDW.jpg

CzRJq5S.jpg

OUvg49Q.jpg

qrrEw3y.jpg

eIbivmi.jpg

VO9U5m1.jpg

UPW3UFa.jpg

3dGUy8S.jpg

Led Tint, reflector:
The led used is a NICHIA and its tint is cold white
Reflector made of: there isn't a real reflector, it's built into the led itself
The beam spot is nicely narrow and allows you to see at relatively long distance, despite oly having little total power (in lumens)

FWFK0sw.jpg

Wall beamshot at 250 centimeters, high power (same place for all my reviews)
PW3uygf.jpg

Ceiling bounce test with LUXmeter: too much low output to take the test

PROS:
- cheap
- narrow beam spot
- nice runtime with 180 mAh
- strobo mode also accessible from OFF mode

CONS:
- not much lumens

Final thoughts and why you should buy it:
This is a pleasant keychain flashlight, you can't expect an high light output but even if it's only 18 lumens on max power… NEXTORCH decided to create it with a not so much foody beam as you could expect, so it's able to reach and illuminate sufficient distances on High mode, while it's a feeble companion light on Low mode.

The STROBO mode is a really nice addition, it seems really strange but , thanks to the concentrated beam the disturbing effect on short distances (within 3 meters) is really irritating …. i can confirm it because in this moment my eyes are seeing blind spots on pc monitor just after testing the strobo :) and i didn't imagine just 18 lumens can do this to me!
And this mode is accessible from OFF mode just holding 1 sec the power switch… helpful.

Thanks for reading.....
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :)

Last edited:

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Great pictures. I appreciate the beam angle photo. But we shouldn't be too hard on it for having "only" 18 lumens - remember, this is as much light as the standard 2 D cell incandescent light of the last generation. I've had my GL10 for 15 months and it is standing up well, though there's some wear on the rubber button and key ring. I'm surprised I haven't broken the USB charging port cover yet - it stays snapped down pretty well even when carried on a key ring every day.

Bill

realista

Enlightened
this little flashlight is still one of my favourite... not for the output power but for the size