Test/Review of Nitecore NI18350A 700mAh (Black-yellow)

HKJ

Flashaholic
[size=+3]Nitecore NI18350A 700mAh (Black-yellow)[/size]

DSC_0896.jpg

Official specifications:
  • Battery Capacity (Mfg Rated): 700 mAh
  • Battery Maximum Voltage: 4.2 V
  • Battery Minimum Voltage: 2.75 V
  • Battery Rated Voltage: 3.7 V
  • Maximum continuous Discharge current: 7A

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-info.png

Nitecore do also have a 18350 cell and it is rated for high current, but I could not found it on their website.

DSC_0893.jpg
DSC_0894.jpg
DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg
DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-Capacity.png

Capacity is nearly constant at any load (nice), but the two cells do not track that well at high current.

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-CapacityTimeHours.png

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-CapacityTime.png

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-Energy.png

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-PowerLoadTime.png

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-TripCurrent.png

Nitecore%20NI18350A%20700mAh%20(Black-yellow)-Charge.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

High current capability is good, capacity is average, but the tracking between the cells is not that good at high current.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Comparison to other LiIon batteries

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason, Nitecore does not list any of their IMR cells on their web site. Up until this year, the only place I could find them for sale was Ebay and some of the Chinese stores. I am glad to see them getting some official recognition. I have an NI14500A in my EA11, and NI18650A cells in my TM16, and am pleased with the performance to date.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason, Nitecore does not list any of their IMR cells on their web site. Up until this year, the only place I could find them for sale was Ebay and some of the Chinese stores...

Hmmmmm, look like fake Nitecore batteries to me.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't see "Nitecore" anywhere in the photos? :confused: Neither on cells or packaging... Wouldn't Nitecore would put their name on it?

Agreeing with SubLGT here. Made-to-look-like-Nitecore cells? (but not really, for producer / resellers to avoid running into legal hassles :D )

HKJ

Flashaholic
The photo at Fasttech shows a Nitecore logo, but as can be seen it is missing on these cells.
They are probably fakes.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't see "Nitecore" anywhere in the photos? :confused: Neither on cells or packaging... Wouldn't Nitecore would put their name on it?

Agreeing with SubLGT here. Made-to-look-like-Nitecore cells? (but not really, for producer / resellers to avoid running into legal hassles :D )
What photos are we talking about here? The only photos I have seen in this thread are the ones HKJ had in his review, and they definitely say Nitecore on them. They also have the distinctive yellow on black coloring I have seen on all the Nitecore cells I have as well.

I am sure that if someone were counterfeiting Nitecore IMR cells there would have been someone yelling about it by now, and probably a statement on the Nitecore web page like they did with the counterfeit chargers.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please point out the specific photo that contains the word "Nitecore".
Okay, I stand corrected. :( I did a Google search on NI18350 and found all kinds of photos. If you look at the first photo of the review you will see a large blank space above the IMR 18350 on the cell on the right. Some of the photos I found look just like these, others have the work Nitecore in that blank black space. I looked at my NI18650A cells I have in my TM16, and they have the work Nitecore in that spot, as well as SYSMAX in very small white letters centered under on of the labels.
I also searched for NI14500, which is what I thought I had in my EA11. None of the photos I found have the word Nitecore on them, neither do the two I own. I would have to agree, it looks like the cells in the review may be counterfeit, as well as the ones I own. Mine seem to work okay, so I will keep a closer eye on them from now on to see how they behave.

Andrey Garkusha

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I am sorry for necroposting, but I believe this may help others, as this thread is the first Google result for Nitecore 18350.

I came across these cells in Nitecore Moscow official store, no label, and emailed Nitecore to confirm if they even make 18350s, so here's their answer:

>In the previous batches, there is no "Nitecore" markings on the IMR 18350 batteries, but the newest batches should have "Nitecore" markings.

Hope this puts an end to the doubts if the cells are authentic.

Latest posts