Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

jak

Enlightened
Just added to Zebralight's spreadsheet today -Available (allegedly) some time in 2016!

• Cree XHP50 (5000K)
  • CRI of 93-95
  • $99
  • Floody (Frosted Lens)

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

jak

Enlightened
Re: Zedralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

@markr6 haha, beat you by 5 minutes!

markr6

Flashaholic

AH you beat me by 5 minutes!

I'm ALLLLL over this one

edit: beat me again by 30 seconds :)

Basically, this is the HOLY GRAIL LIGHT for me. At least on paper. We'll see. The frosted lens could end up being TOO floody.

Last edited:

jak

Enlightened

AH you beat me by 5 minutes!

I'm ALLLLL over this one
It's also funny to me that we came up with the exact same thread title! I got the update about the spreadsheet update in my car on the way to work, was wondering who might post before me.

I wonder if the frosted lens is required to achieve the high CRI level. How would this thing perform with a clear lens? I wonder.

kj2

Flashaholic

Digg the high CRI, but would prefer the tint to be around 4000K.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yeah I got the update but didn't check my email until just now.

They also started off with frosted lenses on the new headlamps (H600Fd III). I find them to be the slightest bit TOO floody. Especially for a torch; headlamp is OK. I think I would prefer the standard lens, but this one is still sounding good so I don't get too caught up in that at this point.

5000K, 93CRI...sounds hard to screw this one up. HIGH EXPECTATIONS! IME too many dirty 4400/4500 tints from ZL, so 5000 should be nice.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

This could be really great, I will look forward to more and would like to see some tests on this emitter that is supposedly capable of that high of CRI at that CCT. Time to do some searching.

maukka

Enlightened

Holy awesomeness. Until now I was super happy with my non-plus.

edit: oh wait, this was SC600 not H600, no worries then :)

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow so Zebralight is trying to drain my bank account once again lol, I can't keep up with all these awesome lights and more poor wallet... Seriously though ZL is going all out with high CRI options. Their regular SC63 and MK3 are now 80cri and they plan to release high CRI (90+) variants later this year. Now with this new light getting 93-95cri at 5k? I wonder if they'll push 2k lumens from it and if it will be unprotected only or not.

MX421

Enlightened

Digg the high CRI, but would prefer the tint to be around 4000K.

+1

That will be the SC600Fcd III Plus - XHP50 I suppose. Personally, i'd prefer the H600FC III to have the same CRI...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's also funny to me that we came up with the exact same thread title! I got the update about the spreadsheet update in my car on the way to work, was wondering who might post before me.

I wonder if the frosted lens is required to achieve the high CRI level. How would this thing perform with a clear lens? I wonder.

I'm thinking the frosted lens might be to prevent the donut shape that the XHP50 emitters are known for. I believe the Nitecore models using this, even with a heavy orange peel reflector, exhibit a little of the donut effect when shown on a wall up close. They probably went with a floody lens to prevent that from happening or it could just be they want a high CRI floody version of the MK3 like they have with their other lights.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

People probably prefer lower color temperatures because they have the deep reds that lower CRI higher color temperature lights can't produce. Once you start getting into 93-95cri range, I'm thinking even 5000k lights will have lots of inner-warmth to them.

I can't freakin' wait for this light to come out. It's my dream light as well, although I would have preferred it either be a headlamp with frosted lens, or the SC600 with no frosted lens. I wonder why they couldn't use the XH35 high CRI emitter to combat the donut shape.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
The donut wasn't a problem at all in my Nitecore EC4S (XHP50). That also had an orange peel, but maybe the bigger/deeper reflector hid any irregularities?

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened

Just saw this on a random look at the spreadsheet. Since it's in the SC600 body style, it'll likely be a pass for me as I just won't carry anything with a head that big. I assume this is the emitter they'll be going with now in the H600Fd (of course right after I just ordered my H600Fd) which would be very nice. Off topic but didn't want to take a chance that a new H600Fd will have limitations for 65mm batteries only so sprung for the current one. Also kind of surprised they're making this variant of the SC600 also rather than limiting it to the SC63.

jak

Enlightened

:poke:...but Jak, in your rush you misspelled it! Zedralight? :D
Ahhhhhh! Crud, that's embarrassing. No wait, Zedralight is a cheap knockoff brand...

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Ahhhhhh! Crud, that's embarrassing. No wait, Zebralight is a cheap knockoff brand...

Can we get a moderator to correct that?!?

I think you can edit it within 72 hours of creating it. Edit Post>Advanced

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curious how ZL will carry on with the still relatively new H600Fd Mk3 and H600Fc Mk3 with the XM-L2 Easy White.
Nominally, they are in the current generation, but the introduction of the equal or even higher CRI XHP35 and XHP50 emitters effectively outdates their emitters in a way.

markr6

Flashaholic
Just used my SC600w II a bit. I'm sure going to miss that beam. I feel like any more flood is too much. But everything else sounds great so I'll probably end up trying one of these.