Mistake or you get what you pay for?

Borad

Enlightened
What's your thoughts on *link removed* the "Compatible Tactical Molle EDC Outdoor Gear" pouch for the Buy It Now price of .99 with free shipping? I'm not even looking for that size pouch but I ordered two.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
For the price its not much to gamble on imo, just take extra care with the zips as they can give easy! Other than that, should be ok for the cost!

Borad

Enlightened
I think it's cotton and I bet the color will run in the rain. But I agree it's not much of a gamble. I could test it out and just use it in dry weather if I have to.

nbp

Flashaholic
That's unreal. They can't even be covering shipping cost; the item is basically free! Let us know how you like it.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I don't want to be THAT guy but imo it's too cheap. I love good deals and cheap stuff, I mean come on i'm Dutch after all... :p But 1 Dollar for something like that including shipping... some slave labour has been going on right there. There is nothing wrong with buying stuff from China but blatently bad companies I won't support.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
... some slave labour has been going on right there. There is nothing wrong with buying stuff from China but blatently bad companies I won't support.

It's actually currency manipulation...doubtful it's real "slave labor"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_intervention#Chinese_Yuan

Please...not wanting to start a political conversation here...just wanted to point out what's actually likely to be behind the low price on these pouches...that's all...

Borad

Enlightened
"Member since: Nov 13, 2015"

I wonder if they sell poison products and will soon disappear. I'll be washing the pouches when I get them.

Borad

Enlightened
The carrier is Hermes and Ebay makes you click a link to their site to track it. I've never seen that before. Hermes got a 1.6 out of 10 here. Hermes Europe got a .6. That must be how they save on shipping.

Borad

Enlightened
They're $6.99 now. Maybe they just wanted people like me to link to it. With the increased price, the links remain, so they keep getting advertising that they no longer deserve.

Borad

Enlightened
Let us know how you like it.

I'm impressed. They changed the price from $1.00 to $6.99 and back down to $1.00 so you have to catch it at the right time. The zippers are smooth and the pulls are good. The snaps are strong. The 4" width is with the two zippered pockets packed to capacity (I put a "Cream Cheese Stay Fresh Container" in each). I never saw a latch attached like this, with the flap sandwiched between the latch and a latch backing, but it works well enough. The malice clips in the last photo don't come with it but they fit. The straps with the snaps are sewn on. It feels like there's foam padding inside the front and back panels of the pouch, not cardboard or stiff plastic. Great deal.

I'll update this post with the name of the pouch so you can search for it on Ebay...

OK, it's called the "1000D Oxford Waist Bag Compatible Tactical Molle EDC Outdoor Gear"

34xhrx1.jpg