Traser's NEW 2016 wristwatches - the Red Alert T100 and the "Soldier watch"

StuGatz

Enlightened
During SHOT Show 2016 we were able to learn about the new Traser Red Alert T100 with Tritium vial numbers in the bezel and the new "Soldier watch" available approximately March 2016...

And a few photos from my good friend and new "Field Journalist"... DARWIN. :cool: Darwin, "It was difficult to photograph how well the "backlit" bezel glows, but the numerals are quit clear. "

qc5I5HU.jpg

cST5or0.jpg

Dmf326C.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Traser's NEW 2016 wristwatches - the Red Alert T100 and the "Soldier watch"

Always wanted a watch with red trits. Love the green ones on my Luminox, but red will be more stealth.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad they decided to use the T100 tubes. Wish Luminox would too. I have had a Isobrite since a few days after they first came out. They use the T100s. After you see these, you will get rid of your Luminox. I know, cause I did. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Lumi, it served me well. But T25 vs T100 tubes for the same price is easy call.

But, I would love to get one of these. They look great. I would have to shag that band and replace it with a NATO. Then you are all set.

kj2

Flashaholic

I've a Deep Blue DayNight Recon gen 2 with T100 and I don't see much difference comparing with my Luminox. Yes, it's brighter, but it isn't shocking.

Last edited:

StuGatz

Enlightened

I agree that the red trits will be an interesting switch. Can't wait for these to become available. We sponsored a group-buy when the Mil-G was introduced and just may be able to do so when the Red Alert T100 is available.

I owned several early Luminox wrist watches and during SHOT Show, the tech at the Traser booth has been happy to service many Luminox wrist watches. On another note of comparison of the Traser v Luminox brand., when trit marked watches were first introduced to the U market, Luminox was the first BRAND sold in the US. However, those first wrist watches were actually made by the company associated to Mb Microtec H3 which s now Traser. "Luminox" had something of a monopoly for trit wrist watches until the terms of the contract expired and then Traser was introduced.

In my humble opinion, the Traser line is somewhat better built and in the past, Luminox has offered more variety of styles.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stu, thanks for that info. I didn't know all that. I knew Luminox was first on the US market. I also am aware of all the crazy stuff about Luminox & the alleged stories of them being a scam because they claim to be the US NAVY seals watch, and others claim they aren't. I guess, it was more of a potential false marketing thing. All that junk didn't stop me from owning a few and enjoying them. I beat pretty hard on them and never had anything more than replacing straps and batteries.

kj2

Flashaholic

Would be interested in a group buy :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, a gb on this would be cool.
BTW: I went to Tracer website. They have a lot more models than I previously knew. There are some really good looking ones there. I like that Extreme Sport Carbon Pro. That is neat.

kj2

Flashaholic

If there will be a GB, shipping directly from factory (in Europe) would be great. Would save me import taxes.

Edit: although, they're in Switzerland, which isn't a EU country.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

kj2, I nominate you to head up that operation! :eek: hehehehe

kj2

Flashaholic

End of March now. Has it been released? :popcorn:

Skeeterg

Enlightened

I love watches with tritium markers. I use to have 4 luminox Blackbird series watches,and it took me a few years to collect,and like an idiot I sold them. Oh I miss them.

kj2

Flashaholic

Found this watch at a dealer here in the Netherlands. Price: €500. IMO that's too much for what you get.

kj2

Flashaholic

A dealer here says this watch is intended for the US market only.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just ordered mine. Dealer had 10% off the first purchase you made. Price was $608, less 10%, tax only in California and free shipping. I had some gift cards that I was able to buy their gift cards with and in the end cost me a little over $200. I got the rubber strap and ordered some Zulu/ nato straps.

i was told about 3 months ago that these would be available in November.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just ordered mine. Dealer had 10% off the first purchase you made. Price was $608, less 10%, tax only in California and free shipping. I had some gift cards that I was able to buy their gift cards with and in the end cost me a little over $200. I got the rubber strap and ordered some Zulu/ nato straps.

i was told about 3 months ago that these would be available in November.

Received, watch is great. All steel, no poly. Numbers on bezel are great. Have it on a black & grey striped zulu band with black rings.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Looking at the picture in post 1, I do not see the Tritium marker at the 12 o'clock position on the bezel. The bezel does rotate, right?

Bill

mcm308

Enlightened

Show more pictures! I've been wearing Luminox since day one. Currently have an 8362 chrono. I beat on it hard and no issues. I knew Luminox and Traser were tied in. I'd be interested in one of those. And yes, Nato straps are a must.