Ready made custom and a custom question.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's your view on buying a custom from Jason with a single nichia LED, or a custom triple or quad solarforce side switch light with nichia run at over 8amp maybe?.
What would you have and why?.

I want a light from Jason but with it being new driver at 3.8 make the single nichia LED more powerful than before - say 1.9A?.
What differences?.
would I lose the HCRI with the solarforce being so powerful ?.

How many lumens would 3.8A from Jason give me?.
More than 1.9 or irrelevant?.

Thanks!.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
what's your view on buying a custom from Jason with a single nichia LED, or a custom triple or quad solarforce side switch light with nichia run at over 8amp maybe?.What would you have and why?.
I'll try a comparison for You.
I want a light from Jason but with it being new driver at 3.8 make the single nichia LED more powerful than before - say 1.9A?.What differences?.
Differences are Engineering, Materials/Quality/Grade, a matched Ledil Boom Reflector, UI w/'Icarus Driver', solid copper LED mount, recommended single AW battery cell, and purposely picked Nichia 219b tint bined emitters.
would I lose the HCRI with the solarforce being so powerful ?
That would be dependent upon a different manufacturers specs., You would need to inquire with them.
The Drive Levels You are Quoting are far greater than needed for a Nichia 219b in an Alpha RM Custom.
How many lumens would 3.8A from Jason give me?.More than 1.9 or irrelevant?.Thanks!.
I am assuming You are thinking of a RM Custom Alpha Nichia 219b LED.
In an Alpha RM Custom with a Nichia 219b emitter, the light comes with by default,
a report card that lists the drive current and lumens for that light.

Typically in the past it has been in the ~ 200+ lumen range.
You are correct in that new RM Customs w/Nichia 219b & Icarus driver
will be driven at a safe level also, < 1.8A.

Please note that Alpha RM Customs are rated for 100 meter submerged depth rating.
This ideally sets Alpha apart from many competitors within it's class.

*These lights(Alpha's w/Nichia219b) are specifically designed for professional use. The NC18-B is an ideal choice for people whose lives and/or jobs depend on superior color rendering accuracy. A few examples include outdoor chefs, fashion designers, interior designers, doctors, EMT's, photographers, wildlife biologists, film makers, aircraft mechanics, airline pilots, building inspectors, contractors, crime scene investigators, detectives, etc.*

Above * are some direct quotes from Prometheus's website and the Nichia 219b emitter.
An Alpha RM Custom, a single Nichia 219b emitter and Ledil Boom reflector.
If it's an Alpha Vs. multiple Nichia 219b emitters You post about, then please post up what You got.
We can see, compare, and comment on what You got.

Jason offers a money back guarantee on his lights.
Join his waiting list for an Alpha Custom with the Nichia 219b emitter. :D
GL