• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened
Saw the Gearbest video at the Spot Show with Olight and interested in the X9. Do you know an anticipated sale to public date. Thanks.

Also does the light use four XHP-70 emitters? How is the run time on turbo.

Thanks again.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Unfortunately I don't have the specific information like runtime and LED configuration. It will be coming out in the next few months and we will have the final specs as soon as possible for everyone. Thank you!

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened
Hi Olight - Just wondering if you have nay new updates on the X9 release date, type of emitters, turbo time (PID)?

Thanks.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Olight - Just wondering if you have nay new updates on the X9 release date, type of emitters, turbo time (PID)?

Thanks.
Me too. I am very much interested in this light. I have watched the GoingGear Shot Show video many times, after forwarding to the brief yet tantalizing segment for this light.

At 4:40 into that video, Marshal mentions that it looks like four XHP50 emitters, and Sean (correct name spelling?) appears to nod an assent.

My nascent collection contains three lights that have two and a half inch diameter heads. I have none that are larger, because they don't emit enough lumens, commensurate with their increased size. I am interested in jumping into larger diameter lights, but not if the factory specs are a paltry 4,000 to 9,000 lumens.

12,000 lumens, for starters, (factory specs) gives me a ray of hope that four inch head diameter lights can be coaxed into putting forth significantly more visible luminosity than any two and a half inch head diameter light can be coaxed into putting forth.

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened
Agreed. I now have a few factory spec lights rani hung from 1000 to 7000 lumens and looking for the >10000 range. They might put in the xhp70 emitters to get 3000 per. That is pushing the power bank olight uses. That is why I
Am interested in the run time for turbo. It might be only a couple of minutes before the regulators knock it down to 9500 lumens or less.

We will wait and see . . .

japudjuha

Enlightened
Please Olight, keep the info coming, and when it arrives shout it from the rooftops!

May also want to consider a group buy with a discount for interested CPF members.
Just a thought.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Olight says on Instagram that the X9 should come available early next year.

Olight, why such late release date? :thinking:You showed this light at Shot show in January 2016, but it will not be available until the beginning of year 2017. You choose to release the light a whole year later?

Olightworld

Enlightened
We have been working on heat dissipation with the design so it does not get too hot. This has been taking a while.

Olight, why such late release date? :thinking:You showed this light at Shot show in January 2016, but it will not be available until the beginning of year 2017. You choose to release the light a whole year later?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
We have been working on heat dissipation with the design so it does not get too hot. This has been taking a while.
I was hoping to see it been released by Christmas, but now i know its going to take a while before its release. Meanwhile, you can post some outdoor beamshots of it? I am really curious to see how a 12000 lumens flashlight performs.

frigate

Newly Enlightened
I've also been anticipating the X9 since SHOT Show in January. However, almost no news on this light is disappointing, considering the Acebeam X65 is shipping. Both are spec'd at 12,000 lumens.

Acebeam's representative stated that if the light is kept under 85 degrees Celsius, it will not step down from 12k lumens. The X9 was purportedly going to use fan cooling so I was also interested in the step down behavior of it to contrast with the X65.

Olightworld

Enlightened
We are bringing the real X9 to Shot show 2017. The one at the 2016 Shot show was a brand new prototype just built right before the show. Don't worry, it is spec'd at much much more than 12,000 lumens.

I've also been anticipating the X9 since SHOT Show in January. However, almost no news on this light is disappointing, considering the Acebeam X65 is shipping. Both are spec'd at 12,000 lumens.

Acebeam's representative stated that if the light is kept under 85 degrees Celsius, it will not step down from 12k lumens. The X9 was purportedly going to use fan cooling so I was also interested in the step down behavior of it to contrast with the X65.

frigate

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry, it is spec'd at much much more than 12,000 lumens.

Thanks for the reply and dangling a carrot of excitement.

I'll take that with a grain of salt though. Manufacturers sometimes claim a huge 10,000 lumens (just as a hypothetical number), but after 60 seconds, the light steps down to something ridiculous like 1500 lumens after that. I'm crossing my fingers that the X9 will step down to a much higher respectable lumen level, if it steps down at all; that last part being wishful thinking.

TampaDude

Newly Enlightened
We are bringing the real X9 to Shot show 2017. The one at the 2016 Shot show was a brand new prototype just built right before the show. Don't worry, it is spec'd at much much more than 12,000 lumens.

Good...can't wait to see that puppy!