• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SUNWAYMAN T25C- 880 Lumens Zooming Flashlight with 38mm Convex Lens

sunwayman

Newly Enlightened
880 Lumens Zooming Flashlight with Convex Lens
--CREE XM-L2 U3--

T25C-EN-01.jpg

T25C-EN-02.jpg

T25C-EN-03.jpg

T25C-EN-04.jpg

T25C-EN-05.jpg

T25C-EN-06.jpg

T25C-EN-07.jpg

T25C-EN-08.jpg

T25C-EN-09.jpg

T25C-EN-10.jpg

T25C-EN-11.jpg

T25C-EN-12.jpg

T25C-EN-13.jpg

T25C-EN-14.jpg

T25C-EN-15.jpg

T25C-EN-16.jpg

T25C-EN-17.jpg

Features

● CREE XM-L2 U3 LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours;
● Slightly depress the tail cap switch to turn on/off the flashlight as well as selecting desired output mode:
Turbo (880 lumens, automatically lowers to High after 3 mins continuous use); High (480 lumens, 2 hrs ); Mid (200 lumens, 6 hrs ); Low (17 lumens, 60 hrs ); Strobe, SOS, Aviation Signal
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Uses one single 18650 or two CR123A batteries
● Working voltage: 2.8~8.4V
● Convex lens with as high as 97% light transmittance
● Dimensions: 150mm (length) x 45mm (head diameter) x 26mm (tail diameter)
● Weight:150g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, Stainless Steel retaining ring on the top
● Military Specification Type III- hard anodized body
● Waterproof, in accordance with IPX-8 standard
● Accessories: Lanyard ,O-rings

Please visit our homepage for more details, thanks.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it but your using the wrong led. The point to this type of light is throw. XPL Hi would be the way to go. this would double the throw over the domed xlm2 led. Also 880 lumens is kind of Low. I would like to see 1000 lumens OTF at least. 1000 lumens from a xpl Hi is easy.

I have 2 modded lights each pumping out 1,400 lumens from a single 14500 imr cell. So i dont think im reaching to far here.

1000 lumens from a single XPL HI would turn this into a throw monster i would guess 80-100kcd which would be ground breaking for a stock light this small to achieve that

Last edited:

Screwball69N

Newly Enlightened
I completely agree this new light is already two years old what where the designers even thinking they could have used a newer hi version LED and it would have blow every other light away somebody needs to fire the techs and hire some people that know what's going on in the flashlight industry

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sunwayman,

I am perplexed by the holes in the bezel. Obviously, they allow you to see if your flashlight is on when you put in down head first.

Do they serve any other purpose?

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sunwayman,

I have a T25C is transit to me, so I am now shopping for batteries. Can you help with these questions?

1. Does the T25C require a button-top battery?
  2. Does the T25C have a low-voltage cutoff that turns off the flashlight when the battery voltage gets too low?
At 880 lumens, my guess is that a button-top, protected version of the Panasonic NCR18650B battery would be a good choice for the T25C. What do you think?

sunwayman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sunwayman,

I have a T25C is transit to me, so I am now shopping for batteries. Can you help with these questions?

1. Does the T25C require a button-top battery?
  2. Does the T25C have a low-voltage cutoff that turns off the flashlight when the battery voltage gets too low?
At 880 lumens, my guess is that a button-top, protected version of the Panasonic NCR18650B battery would be a good choice for the T25C. What do you think?

1. It's compatible with both button-top and flat-top batteries.
2. It has low-voltage cutoff at 2.8V when using 18650 batteries.

Yes, we recommend that you use rechargeable battery with protected circuit, thanks.

Capolini

Banned

Yes, we recommend that you use rechargeable battery with protected circuit, thanks.

Thanks for the info above, more is needed!

Why no specs regarding cd's/throw?? Didn't you test that important specification for this light?;)

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Sunwayman. I have some 3400mAh protected Panasonic batteries on the way!

I am impressed to learn that the T25C has a low-voltage cutoff. That is something I would like to see in all Li-ion flashlights.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nothing on their website. Just pictures. No information. This is a half assed announcement with no follow up. It annoys me because I like some Sunwayman products but I don't like being ignored.

RBWNY

Enlightened
I'm all in on the deal :thumbsup:. Let me know what happens next.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Sunwayman T25C arrived yesterday. It is a 1x18650, compact zoomie. It uses a 38mm convex lens in conjunction with a reflector, so the focused beam is pretty good. Flood is excellent.

The UI is a little funky. The T25C has a forward-clicky, tail-cap switch, so you have to set the mode using half-presses, before you click to lock it in. Here is how it works.

Start with the T25C powered off. All of the half-presses below end with the flashlight on. If you release the switch, the flashlight powers off, and you have to start over.

1. Before doing anything else, you have to turn on the power. Use a long half-press for this. Be sure to hold long enough to establish that the flashlight is powered on. The flashlight powers up in the mode stored in mode memory.
  2. With the flashlight on, a quick double-half-press activates Strobe mode.
  3. Otherwise, use a series of slightly longer half-presses to cycle through constant modes. The sequence is Low, Mid, High, and Turbo. The mode you select is stored in mode memory.
  4. In Strobe mode, use half-presses to cycle through the other blinky modes. The sequence is Strobe, SOS, Beacon. A quick double-half-press will exit the blinky modes, and return to the constant-brightness mode stored in mode memory.
  5. When you see the mode you want, click all the way to lock it in.
Note that this is different from what the User Manual describes.

Overall, my first impression is good. I may have found my new favorite indoor flashlight. Indoors, I tend to prefer the flood mode of a zoomie more than the hot spot and spill of a flashlight that has a reflector.

Neutral tint and higher CRI would make this even better.

I won this flashlight in a Sunwayman giveaway. Thank you, Sunwayman!

Last edited:

sunwayman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info above, more is needed!

Why no specs regarding cd's/throw?? Didn't you test that important specification for this light?;)

Sorry I did not see this until today, we tested it and below is the data, please note that it's convex lens instead of reflector.

It's 23000 Lux and effective range of 305 meters.