Armytek Wizard Pro v2 XM-L2 (Warm CRI90). Silver.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Is this for real? When will this light be available? For all of us campers hikers and backpackers out there this would be an awesome light!!
Finally manufactures are recognizing it's not just about lumen output (everyone is playing that game). Color rendition is also really important to many of us.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
These were available last year. Not sure who has them in stock anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
At their web page, they write: "This product is available to ship immediately"

I received a mail from them that said:"Coming Soon

Preorder now, xx% off until March 4"

Unavailable on Armytek website too. I think it is a new light.

Last edited:

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
The tint of the light makes a huge difference in the dark. Warmer tints falls in the shadow better and colors are true to life. Fingers crossed that it's a great head lamp.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Thank you for your interest, guys!
Yeah, we plan to add this version - that`s way it has appeared on the website.
There is one more options for the products which are out-of-stock: it is possible to request to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box "Notify me when this product is back in stock".

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your interest, guys!
Yeah, we plan to add this version - that`s way it has appeared on the website.
There is one more options for the products which are out-of-stock: it is possible to request to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box "Notify me when this product is back in stock".

Thanks for giving us a high CRI option guys. I have been waiting for one for a while. Can you please tell us the approximate colour temperature(CCT) of this headlamp? Thanks:thumbsup:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek's site says it uses a XM-L2 S6 emitter. The only XM-L2 90 CRI emitter I see on Cree's spec sheet is 2600-3200K. That is very warm. Can you confirm Armytek?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the current limited edition merely the same light from 2 years ago?

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
It's just so much easier for the human eye to pick up detail.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just so much easier for the human eye to pick up detail.

It almost looks too warm though(the high CRI I mean). Watch the video and you can see how redy orange it is compared to the 4200K ZL H31Fw(which is already to the warmer side of neutral). I would prefer something closer to 4000K myself for outdoors and late at night especially. This appears to be between 2600 and 3200K judging by Crees specs(although it almost appears even warmer then that in the video). The XM-L2 is just not the greatest choice for a high CRI emitter really. Hopefully Armytek will offer a high CRI version of their new upcoming lights they showed at SHOT that use the XHP50 emitter. It is available in 90+ CRI variants with CCT's ranging from 2700K all the way up to 5000K. It also doesnt suffer from the extreme tint shift problem that most XM-L2's do(aside from the quad die XM-L2 Easywhite).

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for that scs:thumbsup:

Yep, too warm imo. The middle pics are the best CCT of the three. We need 4000-4500K CCT in high CRI(90+) Armytek(although I realize its not available in a LM-L2 emitter). But, it is available in the XHP35/50/70 for future lights like your new XHP50 Wizard you showed us at Shot show. Also, it is important to pick emitters as close to the black body radiation line as possible to avoid pinkish and greenish tints. I personally will pay extra for hand picked 90+ CRI headlamps/flashlights and I think many others will as well.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
It almost looks too warm though(the high CRI I mean). Watch the video and you can see how redy orange it is compared to the 4200K ZL H31Fw(which is already to the warmer side of neutral). I would prefer something closer to 4000K myself for outdoors and late at night especially. This appears to be between 2600 and 3200K judging by Crees specs(although it almost appears even warmer then that in the video). The XM-L2 is just not the greatest choice for a high CRI emitter really. Hopefully Armytek will offer a high CRI version of their new upcoming lights they showed at SHOT that use the XHP50 emitter. It is available in 90+ CRI variants with CCT's ranging from 2700K all the way up to 5000K. It also doesnt suffer from the extreme tint shift problem that most XM-L2's do(aside from the quad die XM-L2 Easywhite).
Ewe it is just a little too warm.

Latest posts