• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ordering an Olight torch in the UK was easy, the batteries however not so much.......

dan221081

Newly Enlightened
Are there any Olight distributors in the UK ? I am having a terrible time finding somewhere in the UK or even further afield that actually sell decent 18650 batteries for it. I need 3 3.7 3500mah / 3100mah 18650 batteries for the Olight SR52UT.

Any advice would be appreciated.

[h=1][/h]

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any Olight distributors in the UK ? I am having a terrible time finding somewhere in the UK or even further afield that actually sell decent 18650 batteries for it. I need 3 3.7 3500mah / 3100mah 18650 batteries for the Olight SR52UT.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi.

Reading up and learning about batteries in general will pay you dividends in the long run. There are loads of 18650 suppliers in the UK and loads from overseas. You don't need Olight branded batteries (Olight won't make the cell inside the wrapper anyhow).

Also don't get too hung up on capacity (mAh). It's a bit like worrying if a car has a 12 or 15 gallon petrol tank!

dan221081

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I managed to order some in the end. They are coming on Saturday, I haven't ordered a dedicated charger yet but I can charge them in the torch via USB. And then order a dedicated charger later.

Hopefully they will be ok. I think they were 3200 mAh in the end. They are not cheap though !!

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Oddly enough I am 100% sure my Olight S1 BATON was supplied with a XTAR 123 size cell which although correct is useless, fags out on high in 20 seconds, I have today got a EXPENSIVE OLIGHT cell for it and it has transformed it, ran over 5 mins on high, when I put it back in my new charger it had not dropped much at all.
I also got my new charger today and can totally recommend the OPUS BT C3100 it's simply excellent, need to play with buttons till you get used to it, I followed users advice on here and very glad I did, way better value/use than my xtar V34 charger which does the job but no more.