• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to post few options for each model to give an idea of what can be expected in performance and price range.

Surefire LX2:
-----
1. LX2 "Ultra", XPG2/219B/XPE2, 1.4Amp, Single Mode, OP reflector, GITD around LED, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified for desired/proper low... $124

1a. LX2 "Ultra" CLICKY, XPG2/219B/XPE2, 1.4Amp, LuciDrvFT multimode firmware, OP reflector, GITD around LED, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified with McClicky... $150

2. LX2 "UltraS", XPL-HD/HI/219C, 2.6Amp, Single Mode, OP reflector, GITD around LED, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified for desired/proper low... $136
(this is "hot-rod" setup, head will heat up after 1-2 minutes of use on high, high not to be used for prolonged periods of time)

2a. LX2 "UltraS" CLICKY, XPL-HD/HI/219C, 2.6Amp, LuciDrvFT multimode firmware, OP reflector, GITD around LED, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified with McClicky... $162
(this is "hot-rod" setup, head will heat up after 1-2 minutes of use on high, high not to be used for prolonged periods of time)

3. LX2 "TripLED TACTICAL", triple XPG2/219B/XPE2, 3Amp, Single Mode, GITD around optics, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified for desired/proper low (upgrade to triple XPL HI possible, extra $20)... $202

3a. LX2 "TripLED CLICKY", triple XPG2/219B/XPE2, 3Amp, LuciDrvFT multimode firmware, GITD around optics, body bored for 16650/17650, tailcap modified with McClicky, (upgrade to triple XPL HI possible, extra $20)... $228
("hot-rod" setup, head will heat up after 1-2 minutes of use on high, high not to be used for prolonged periods of time)

Surefire A2:
-----
A2 Quad pricing:

$168
A2 Quad Base price (XPG2, 3Amp, fixed modes)
$30
Upgrade LEDs to premium XPL HI (4ea LEDs with matched Vf)
$22
Upgrade to H17F driver (linear/FET hybrid)
$40
Boring ROUND A2 body for 18650 cells
$26
HACS switch for when FET driver is used (setups with up to 4.5Amp and linear drivers will use McClicky, same price)
$30
Hand machined low profile Brass Shroud to match size of the custom boot used with HACS/McClicky upgrade
$15
Optional 24mm big GITD disc (GITD tape cut to size, layer of epoxy/powder applied for even more glow)

A2 TripLED setups are also possible, most of the prices are same as Quad with difference in LED upgrade (or complete base upgrade depending on what LE/driver is used... PM for details)...

Surefire L2:
-----
PM/email for details, mod is operational...

Surefire L1 Gen 1, 2 and 3 (square body, small hex head):
-----
PM/email for details, mod is operational...

Surefire L1 Gen 4 (square body, KL1-lookalike head, domed lens):
-----

Working on details... no complete overhaul, body can be lego'd with e-series head of moddable choice (incan, KX2, KL4, etc)

Surefire L1 Gen 5 (round long body, KL1-lookalike head, domed lens):
-----

Working on details... no complete overhaul, body can be lego'd with e-series head of moddable choice (incan, KX2, KL4, etc)

Surefire L1 Gen 6 (round short body, KX1-lookalike head, flat lens):
-----

TripLED or Reflector/Extreme, TACTICAL or CLICKY... PM/email for details, mod is operational...

Last edited:

Flyflash

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

You know I'm ready! lol

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

So ready! Just received a nib A2 and have one user.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

Thanks, guys...

I'll attack LX2 first as soon as I find some time, I'm still a lot behind list that formed while I was on the trip away from home...

LX2...

LOP reflector with 1.5Amp or 3Amp single mode driver and XPL HI (219B or 219C or XPG2 or XPL HD also possible) for "Ultra" and "UltraS" setups (approx 400 and 800 OTF lumens)... body bored to utilize 17mm li-ion cells and tailcap modded or proper low... or installing TripLED in the head which would operate at 3Amps and, again, modded 2-speed twisty... or installing multimode driver (LuciDrvFT) in the head and then modding tailcap with McClicky... same for if using reflector and single LED, driver can be multimode and tailcap with McClicky - stock LX2 look and wide range of possibilities inside (clicky or tactical twisty)...

Multimode modded LX2 heads could also be used with any e-series body/tailcap later on, for fun...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a great option for an LX2, if you can get the low to about 20lm or less that would be sweet.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is everybody thinking only about A2 ??? Haha...

LX2 guys... LX2 Ultra !!! LX2 TripLED !!! Both with 2-speed tactical twisty (modded for desired low) or McClicky to control multimodes...

C'mon... Am I the only one here that loves LX2 size and shape ??? :)

Double Barrel

Enlightened
I like the listed models...but, A2 would be my favorite as well...L1 not too far behind. You gotta love these 2 stage TCs!
Can't wait to see what you came up with for them, Tana.
DB

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
20 lumen low and 800 lumen high using the factory twisty in the same lx2 form sounds like a winner to me. Or even 400 lumens and 20 lumen low..I'm thinking 1.5 amp xml hi so primaries and runtime can still be utilized. Where am I sending my lx2 taric? Hehe