• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TL50 question

jdboy

Enlightened
I received my TL50 (striped) tube a while back. I've been using it in conjunction with a ZeroRes for 18560 use. I recently swapped out the ZeroRes for a McClickie. Problem is the AW18490 I have don't work. The battery looses connection and swaps mode erratically. What cells were this tube designed for? Is there a 18500 length cell you can recommend?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 kinds of 18500 that works in the same setup.
Efest (purple colored)
Sanyo (red unprotected cell)

Both have no length fitment issues.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TL50 is designed to fit several cells from many manufacturuers around the world.

1x 18500 (or 18490) cells protected and non with mcclicky, or zero rez, or stock SF Z44 or Z59
1x 18650 cells protected and non with ZRS
2x 18350 cells protected and non with ZRS
1x AA cells with sleeve with mcclicky, or zero rez, or stock SF Z44 or Z59

The Moddoolar tubes also allow the use of the P60 interface.
This invites many different springs at the head end to come into play.
It is very difficult to make every possible combo work flawlessly with these parts.

Some cells may require a thin magnet to help them reach a bit longer.
ALWAYS INSTALL MAGNETS ONTO THE NEGATIVE END FOR SAFETY.

Thank you for your support and if you need any more help, please let us know.-Tom

jdboy

Enlightened
Thanks Tom for the reply. The specific setup in a TL50 w/P60 interface, Torchlab V4 drop-in, Z41 Surefire tailcap, Torchlab McClickie Z41 conversion, and AW18490 (red). I do have some thin magnets ,and yes you're correct, they make the connection perfectly when installed on the negative end of the battery.