My First Casio G-Shock and My Other Casio Watches

ericjohn

Enlightened
So I've been wanting an entry level G-Shock for quite some time I realized yesterday that Target carried the model I've been wanting. I saw it in the store and tried it out.

Then I went home and ordered it on Target's website and used my Pay Pal credit account to finance it (boy that service is a God-send.)

The model I ordered is the DW5600E-1V. It was $40.99 +tax.

That is cheaper than what Wal*Mart is selling it for.

I didn't like the other digital G-Shocks and this one really has a classic look to it.

I have been alternating between a Casio F-91W and a Casio MRW200H-1BV for my edc watches.

I really like Casio watches (and calculators for that matter.)

In the past I have used a Casio F108WH since 2011 and still use it for cutting grass and other outdoor activities. Also I have used the Forester model which has had the same battery since September 2007.

There was another model I bought for when I began going to trade school. It had analog, digital and an additional time and also had a date and alarm. The markings and hands were gold, but the body was black resin. It cost me $35 at Sears in 2006, but the band broke and I lost it in 2008. There are others like it, but not the exact same model as what I had. That thing could keep time too, I remember showing it off to my friends while working at Winn Dixie when we would all wait by the time clock to punch in and my watch was synchronized to it. It would look at my watch and say "Now!" and the clock would indicate that it was time to begin our shift. We would enter our PIN number and clock in. Good memories.

Yes, I have used Casio watches more than any other brand for the simple fact that they are all very accurate and most of them are affordable.

[h=2][/h]

light_noob

Newly Enlightened
I love my DW5600E-1V. It is still in great shape, and I have had it for a long time.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent choice. I've worn a classic DW5600 off and on for a couple years. Mine now resides in semi-retirement in the bathroom to keep me on schedule.

My G7900 and I did the Philly Tough Mudder last year. Did great.

roger-roger

Enlightened
Nice.

I had the original G-Shock from the early 80's. Its nightlight was a barely functional bluish directional beam, emitting from 9:30-10:00. Looked like a flea had a big flashlight. Deepest dive was 205', Navy tables no less.

Ran through 3 more, all in the original form factor, which as far as I know was still available a year ago. All went through battery changes.

ericjohn

Enlightened
Update: For several months I have worn it day in and day out. I've always synchronized my watch to the atomic clock on the first of every month. For several months no adjustment was needed. Since about July it has been off by about 1.5 to 3 seconds a month, still well within the tolerance of +/-15" per month. I take it off to bathe but one day in August I wore it while in the water at a pool party, but I think the slight inaccuracy is just a coincidence. All in all, I still enjoy my G-Shock and about the only brand of watch I would trade it for would be a Victorinox. Unless I ever come into a serious amount of money, I plan to use Casio watches for as long as the said company makes them. I used a Timex Easy Reader from 2010 to 2013, but boycotted Timex when I found out that the Easy Reader wasn't covered under their warranty. I find Casio more accurate anyway. People in my immediate family are punctual and so am I, but none of them are as anal as me about having their watches set as accurately as possible...

ericjohn

Enlightened
UPDATE: For health reasons I've been trying to east less meat. No, I'm not a vegetarian or vegan or anything like that. I'm just trying to prevent cardiovascular diseases that so many in my family are prone to. I can have all the poultry and fowl I want though (and thank God for that.). Anyway eating avians gets old sometimes, so I've also been eating beans. No, I do not flavor them with any animal fats as that would defeat the purpose of my diet. I only make enough for myself since my spouse doesn't like them. Anyway, I eat rice with my beans to make several meals possible. My wife usually cooks rice in the microwave oven. However, I prefer to use the range. So I pour the rice and water into a saucepan then wait for it to come to a boil. As soon as the boiling begins, I use my trusty G-SHOCK's countdown timer feature. I set it for 20 minutes and wait for the beeper to go off. The rice comes out perfectly every time. Aside from telling me the time, that's the most handy purpose my G-Shock serves...