CPF Italia COMETA

cyberescudo

Newly Enlightened
Hello to everyone, i am Cyberescudo a member of CPFItalia Forum.
In collaboration with Banggood we have created a custom flashlight on Jax Z1 basis with many upgrades including the FET + 7135 driver designed by BLF members.
The name of the flashlight is COMETA (the italian traslation of comet )

DSC_7755_zpsgqr2cmcv.jpg

DSC_7752_zpsc5hud14q.jpg

DSC_7763_zpsx5dm5xfc.jpg

DSC_7815_zps2vcyvlfu.jpg

bistro-ui_zpsxfsu0o01.png

Senza%20titolo-1_zpsk3ghmja1.jpg

Specs:

• XPL High Intensity, tint: 1A and 3B
  • Regulation of the beam: wide beam —> throw beam
  • Around 1300 lumens in turbo mode (1A tint)
  • Around 900 meters of throw (1A tint)
  • Noctigon Copper mcpcb
  • 22DDdriver +1 7135 driver(FET for higher performance in direct drive, 7135 to regulate lower levels )(Wight's driver)
  • "Bistro" User interface designed by Toykeeper http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykee...f-x6v2/view/head:/ToyKeeper/bistro/bistro.txt
  • Highly programmable:
  • Choice of 1 to 8 regular modes from low to turbo
  • Thermal calibration
  • Muggle mode / simple mode
  • Mode order. Low to high, or high to low
  • Hidden modes (Tactical / police strobe, Battery check / beacon mode, Biking flasher )
  • Battery decimal voltage indication
  • Memory can be activated or deactivated
  • Moon level can be activated or deactivated
  • Protection against over discharge
  • 18650 or 26650 compatible
  • K9 Lens with double AR treatment
  • Laser engraving: CPF Italia, COMETA, 2016
  • Anodization HAIII
  • Double gold plated springs (performance comparable to Spring Bypass)
  • Lighted Tailcap by Pilotdog68
  • Price: 40 USD

If you want join the project you can go to:
http://www.cpfitaliaforum.it/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11696

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Very cool that such a full-featured and special edition flashlight is at such a reasonable price, nicely done. One thing though; it doesn't look Italian. No one mistakes the Delghi Iris as coming from any place other than Italy - this is an excellent business suit, now it just needs the flashy athletic sneakers..

cyberescudo

Newly Enlightened
Could you please explain thermal calibration?

In the configuration mode :

Thermal calibration. Set the temperature at which the light will begin stepping down to cool itself off. After clicking to
select this, the light should turn on in a special thermal
calibration mode. It will start at a medium-low brightness,
wait a second or two, then step up to turbo.

- To turn off thermal regulation, click within the first second
(while the output is relatively low).

- To set a new maximum temperature, leave the light on until
you think it is too hot, then turn it off. From this point
on, the light will use that new temperature as its maximum
allowed heat.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please explain thermal calibration?

I can, because this is the same driver found in the last BLF Kronos lights. What you do is enter the programming and select the thermal calibration, which forces the light into turbo mode and waits for your input. Then you hold the light while it runs on turbo until its temperature is the highest level you're comfortable with and turn it off. The driver memorizes this temperature and will step itself down so as not to exceed that temperature in the future. You can also turn off all temperature control so it doesn't step down at all.

The full details on the firmware can be found in the author's readme file, which is here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykee.../trunk/view/head:/ToyKeeper/bistro/bistro.txt

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try sending cyberescudo a PM at BLF. He should be watching pretty closely today. I believe he lives in Italy, so, depending on his sleeping habits, turnaround may take a day, or so.

If you have an account there, you can also post at CPFItalia. That's where the group buy originated.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I got in on a NW. For those interested, just a heads up, it looks like they are out of stock until May 1. I saw some folks on BLF complain about that, but it doesn't bother me. It's not like I don't have 100 plus other lights I can play with for a few days! lol

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who are not modding their own flashlights, this looks like a must-have zoomie.

When the group buy is over in a few weeks, this is going to be just like the BLF Kronos X6/X5. There are going to be a lot of people scratching their heads, wondering how they missed it.

scout24

Flashaholic
Akhyar- You are certainly correct about the 3 post/private message requirement. However, with roughly the same effort, cyberscudo could leave a visitor message by going to audio2's profile page with the code... :)