Small case for one flashlight or pocket knife

1DaveN

Enlightened
I'm looking for good quality small cases, to hold one PD25 size flashlight (PD35 at the largest), or one folding pocket knife. My preference would be leather or good nylon, but I'm flexible. Basically I need something to keep knives or lights from bouncing around or getting beat up in a suitcase or duffel bag when travelling.

I've got a couple of Maxpeditions that are pretty nice, but the closest one to what I'm looking for, the R-7 RazorShell, is quite a bit bigger than I prefer.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I usually go one of two ways with this. I use those thin cloth glasses bags to avoid scratches or I put the bagged light inside a holster for maximum protection. This gives me the use of a belt holster and a lens cleaning cloth if I should need them. Fenix sells a couple that will fit the PD35 well.

Last edited:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Cajun leatherworks too. I carry one of their pocket protectors to keep my light & knife apart in my pocket.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big fan of Lifter's Leather. He IS my go to leather guy.

terjee

Enlightened
I find size matching is pretty important, but often you can find a good match from another vendor. Manker has a good holster for U11/T01/E14 that works really well with Zebralight SC600 Mk III for example.

If it's just scratch protection, IKEA makes ziplock bags in various sizes, which might offer enough protection. Not ideal, and not exactly a "buy it for life"-type solution, but nice to have some around.

Nite-Ize has a sort of a multi-size holster, where elastic straps tightens pads that holds what you insert. I have a couple, but they're really too bulky for me to like them for packing.