FS: 5,000 lumen E seires Aleph head light engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Finally getting this together. These engines are a spin off the one I build here for AndyF a while back.

The original engine was XP, but the new ones will be XML2 or XHP-50 as shown here.

Beam profile of the XML2 is a fairly long thrower for a multi emitter setup.

The XHP-50 is wider but still got range because of the massive volume of light output.

This will be a group buy/presale. As a result I am attempting to offer as much of a break on price as possible, especially on multi engine purchase. Multiple colors of each emitter type will be added and there will be a break in price for all additional engines of any type. In addition to this you can stack on the every day use cpf6 code for an additional discount on top of that.

Lead times will be about 3-4 weeks on this project. While it is possible I may purchase a few extra of these for the store myself, stock will primarily be limited to what is purchased now on the preorder. Also since Aleph heads are more scarce than say their P60 counter parts this may well be the ONLY run of them. So if you think you will want more than one NOW is the time :)

Here is the link for purchase of the engines. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the thread.
http://asflashlights.com/aleph/76-aleph-e-series-light-engines.html

Thanks all!

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, no tools will be needed, its a thread in pill. Using an IMR 18650 on the XML2 version you could see as much as 6 amps. Using a pair of IMR 18650s on the XHP-50 version I would think as much as 10. The McClicike should be ok on the XML2 version, but I have not done that much testing with that particular switch. If using a clickie of any type on the XHP-50 model I would suggest using IMR 18350s to lower the current to around 4-5 amps.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Would it be possible to measure the current on the XHP-50 with 2x18350 and 2x16340 (IMR) ?

I'd rather not go over 5A max.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just now I did a bench test. With the McClickie in the circuit I got 5.05A on full cells. With no switch I got 7.29A.

Did the test like this with my clamp meter

easilyled

Flashaholic
Still interested in a 3 X XPL-Hi L.E. for a combination of throw and power.

Any chance you could make one?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still interested in a 3 X XPL-Hi L.E. for a combination of throw and power.

Any chance you could make one?

Sure, I could add an XPL HI option. Do you have a rough idea what color temp you'd like?

ordered one of each

I have your payment. I just refunded you 6%. There is a coupon code in the OP I'm guessing you didn't see. I have highlighted it in red now for others.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8, not these ones, these are intended for the old Aleph-3 head which takes a 38mm lens. The Haiku takes a 22mm lens.

Thank you. I figured as much when I didn't see the Haiku mentioned. I was kinda hoping, I guess I should say dreaming of a Haiku version. How cool would that be??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.