• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM16GTvn for $245

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
U guys keep on ordering this light via email ...Want me to do like a short run of 10? I might be able to drag the price down to $245. If you are interested in this light at this price post here. If we got more than 5 takers I will order 10.

Last edited:

peabody

Enlightened
Dang, wish I had waited to buy my TM then wait for the shipping then send it to you to be fixed and you send it back(which by the way your quick as hell on getting the light sent back;). Would have saved me lots of time and some money. Oh well , live and learn.
Guys my TM16gtvn has more spill at close range and the color is wonderful. This price is at least 25 bucks cheaper than you can get on your own with group buys/slow shipping/and having the mod done. Take advantage!

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vihn how about the JetBeam niteye T6? Its cheaper and more compact then both the TK75 and TM16GT, and also puts out just over 4000 lumens and throws 750 meters too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vihn how about the JetBeam niteye T6? Its cheaper and more compact then both the TK75 and TM16GT, and also puts out just over 4000 lumens and throws 750 meters too.

Hey that Jetbeam looks even smaller ....I like...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It's not likely you'd have the TK75vnQ, MT16GTvn, and a newly done Niteye T6vn all at the same time, but l for one would love to see size and beam comparison shots for them if you have a chance.

Size shots only is easy :)

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
yah grabbed a couple to see whats its like :)

Since I was the one to recommend the Jetbeam T6 to Vinh, I call dibs on the first Jetbeam Niteye T6vn :) .

As as for the TM16GTvn, Vinh are you going to also do a XHP70 version too? Depending on the numbers and if Vinh will also mod the Jetbeam T6, I will probably be down to get the TM16GTvn too, since I'm partial to the styling and build quality of Nitecore.

Saul Good

Enlightened
As much as I like the TK75, I feel the TM16 is a better candidate for XHP70 since the cells are configured in 4s. So the LEDs can demand half the amperage. Also, there is more room on the aluminum shelf that the LEDs mount on in the TM16. I guess the biggest problem would be the TM16 reflector. The small tabs that center the reflector onto the pcb would likely have to be cut off.

BUT, apparently the TM16 reflector gives a broader hotspot (better for XHP70 imo). I've modded the TM16GT PCB to use in my TK75, and I will use the TM16 for XHP70s. Hopefully with good results.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a tangential, but closely related topic; I'm off to the personnel department to change the direct deposit of my paycheck to Vinh's PayPal account...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Since I was the one to recommend the Jetbeam T6 to Vinh, I call dibs on the first Jetbeam Niteye T6vn :) .

As as for the TM16GTvn, Vinh are you going to also do a XHP70 version too? Depending on the numbers and if Vinh will also mod the Jetbeam T6, I will probably be down to get the TM16GTvn too, since I'm partial to the styling and build quality of Nitecore.

Since there arent alot of interest to build a batch of TM16GTvn I will just take single order at $270 each with DriverVnX2 and XPL PDT only. NO other options. I still personally prefer the TK75vnQ due to a better beam. Giving up a bit of performance is OK.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
BUT, apparently the TM16 reflector gives a broader hotspot (better for XHP70 imo). I've modded the TM16GT PCB to use in my TK75, and I will use the TM16 for XHP70s. Hopefully with good results.

From personal comparison, the TM16GT has the broader hot spot at a hundred yards over the TM16. When do you plan on a XHP70 X 4 TM16GT?

Saul Good

Enlightened
From personal comparison, the TM16GT has the broader hot spot at a hundred yards over the TM16. When do you plan on a XHP70 X 4 TM16GT?

I just finished it actually. I've been working on it a little bit at a time. I'll try to post beamshots in the lounge later...

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please PM me if you remember. I would so like to see the beam shots and find out if you have heat issues.

There certainly will be heat issues. The gtvn gets hot pretty quick as is. Maybe dedomed xhp50's be a good choice?
i still think the normal tm16gtvn is best overal.
6000 lumens and 400kcd!

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
There certainly will be heat issues. The gtvn gets hot pretty quick as is. Maybe dedomed xhp50's be a good choice?
i still think the normal tm16gtvn is best overal.
6000 lumens and 400kcd!

Would love to see beam shots of the modded TM16GTvn. Does anybody have beam shots posted?

lumentia

Enlightened
Seems xhp35 HI would rock in this light.... don't know if there's enough voltage though...