Leather Belt Holster for Alpha

aZhu

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, recently ordered the Alpha Ready-made and just wanted to say it's awesome! The Icarus driver is fantastic.

Anyway, I made a leather belt holster for the light and just thought I'd share it here. Let me know what you think :)

azhu_alpha_holster_01.jpg

azhu_alpha_holster_02.jpg

azhu_alpha_holster_03.jpg

azhu_alpha_holster_04.jpg

azhu_alpha_holster_05.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great my friend. I would love to see pics of how you made it. Super clean job. Looks so good, you may get a few orders, lol

archer6817j

Enlightened
That is awesome! I do get a few requests for holsters. Let me know if you want me to send people your way.

One technical question I have...with the old NANJG driver I used to use, the spring would dent in the top of the battery if used without the pocket clip. Removing the clip basically makes less space for the battery. Are you seeing any denting issues with the Icarus driver? Even though the (+) battery contact is solid (not a spring), I tried to make it a large diameter that rides on the "shoulder" of the (+) battery contact where it's strongest, rather than pushing on the middle like a spring does. Let us know :)

aZhu

Newly Enlightened
That is awesome! I do get a few requests for holsters. Let me know if you want me to send people your way.

One technical question I have...with the old NANJG driver I used to use, the spring would dent in the top of the battery if used without the pocket clip. Removing the clip basically makes less space for the battery. Are you seeing any denting issues with the Icarus driver? Even though the (+) battery contact is solid (not a spring), I tried to make it a large diameter that rides on the "shoulder" of the (+) battery contact where it's strongest, rather than pushing on the middle like a spring does. Let us know :)

Hi Jason,

Yes please send people my way if they want a holster. I'd be happy to make them one.

As far as denting the battery terminal is concerned, I didn't find any issue with the icarus driver. The copper contact seems to be distributing the weight evenly across the top of the battery. I think even after the head has been screwed on all the way, there is sill some spring tension left at the bottom of the tailcap spring. Time will tell to see if there might be any issues on the negative end of the battery. I got the light-only kit but I'm also using the 3400mah AW battery so I'll let you know if anything arises in the future.

AZHU8371.jpg

AZHU8372.jpg

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey Andy, how is the top of the battery holding up? Also, I'm surprised not to see more interest but I don't have a ton of traffic here. Can you email those photos to [email protected] and I'll send it out to my mailing list? :)

aZhu

Newly Enlightened
Hey Andy, how is the top of the battery holding up? Also, I'm surprised not to see more interest but I don't have a ton of traffic here. Can you email those photos to [email protected] and I'll send it out to my mailing list? :)

Hi Jason,

The top of the battery is still doing fine. There is no indication of the driver ring pushing too far into it. When screwing on the head, I also don't feel like there's an excessive amount of pressure. The spring at the bottom adds a good margin of safety.

I've also sent you the photos via email. Let me know if there's any other feedback you need. Still loving this flashlight from day one!

jdboy

Enlightened
I really like the looks of the holster! I'll have to PM you for details.