DSC_6244.jpg

DSC_6254.jpg

DSC_6274.jpg

DSC_6282.jpg

DSC_6303.jpg

DSC_6318.jpg

DSC_6189.jpg

DSC_6193.jpg

This is not released on the Maglite's official website yet but I just got some on Ebay....
Maglite is such a strange company that it is still developing incandescent lights... in 2016:eek: but this is a good thing for Maglite / incan lovers:twothumbs

This 2C light is very short and cute. It uses 2-Cell bi-pin bulb just like the new Maglite 2C incans and it offers 30 lumens.
This is basically an incan version of the ML25LT LED light.
It is very well built and reliable.
I think maybe this is the last classic Maglite....:laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Looks like you're good and stocked up on these.

I hope it's the next classic instead of the last classic by MagLite and was very happy to see this one in incan.

Check out the 3 cell model when you can.

Here's a 3 cell version next to the classic 2C.

Edit:
Did you get some with ultra-low serial numbers?
One of mine was #00000109 ⊙▁⊙

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No. The full size bi-pin holder is easily removed from full size lights making it easy for swapping in the Malkoff.
This one has the bi-pin holder fixed kinda similar to a mini mag. So without removing and disassembling the switch assembly only a bi-pin LED drop in will work.

Now I tried a TerraLUX and Nite Ize mini mag drop in that will work. But it's fitament does not allow the head to be used as an on/off switch.

konifans

Enlightened
Looks like you're good and stocked up on these.

I hope it's the next classic instead of the last classic by MagLite and was very happy to see this one in incan.

Check out the 3 cell model when you can.

Here's a 3 cell version next to the classic 2C.

Edit:
Did you get some with ultra-low serial numbers?
One of mine was #00000109 ⊙▁⊙

2C is my favorite light:laughing:
My 2C-cell black ML25ITs are 000003XX and the silver one is 000009XX :laughing:

konifans

Enlightened
No. The full size bi-pin holder is easily removed from full size lights making it easy for swapping in the Malkoff.
This one has the bi-pin holder fixed kinda similar to a mini mag. So without removing and disassembling the switch assembly only a bi-pin LED drop in will work.

Now I tried a TerraLUX and Nite Ize mini mag drop in that will work. But it's fitament does not allow the head to be used as an on/off switch.

I do think that there is a way to disassemble the light and replace the bi-pin socket with a P13.5S/PR bulb (xenon / krypton / led) because I believe Maglite just installs the old plastic bi-pin socket = the one used in new version C/D cell Maglites.
But the hole of the plastic reflector needs to be expanded in this case.

The easiest mod for now is to insert a 6-cell bi-pin bulb and use 2x 3.7v li-ion or 3x CR123A batteries.
I think the plastic socket will work fine with 6-cell bulb because the 6D-cell Maglite use the same thing but I think the plastic reflector will be melted because the hole is too small and too close to the bulb, it is not like the C/D cell reflectors.

Just forget about the LED... If you want LED you can just get a ML25LT or other LED Malites...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not a simple 1 2 3 but can be done.

19mm socket to the top of the switch, about 3-5 good whacks towards the tail and you get this...

^^ this is the LED assembly.

^^ top one has a TL3 bulb, and 1 amp Li-ions, bottom a 4 cell bulb and LifePo4's

^^ the gap filler material

^^ the 2 cell LT

^^ the modified 2 cell IT

Last edited:

dadel

Newly Enlightened
The 2C model can be had for 15.7€ on german amazon. Just thought I would share this to fellow forum members from europe.

Last edited:

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
The 2C model can be had for 15.7€ on german amazon. Just thought I would share this to fellow forum members from europe.

Where!? I only see one for 20 euros. Would be nice if Maglite finally fixed their European availability.

I've not done much with modding lights lately. All I did was fix two 9AA packs by getting Eneloops for them. I just found out Maglite changed it's lineup. The new head on the C lights looks nice. I always thought the D-head on the C-maglites looked wrong. But where did the 4D, 5D and 6D go? :thinking: But ok, I guess too few people bought those anyway.

So sad that they stick to C cells. Would be so nice to be able to stick 26650's in there. 5200 mAh, yum yum.

The newer Lithium tech makes longer-runtime incans easier though. A mag85 runs a lot longer on 3x26650 than on 9 Eneloops I guess, if it doesn't pop early on.

dadel

Newly Enlightened
Where!? I only see one for 20 euros. Would be nice if Maglite finally fixed their European availability.

I've not done much with modding lights lately. All I did was fix two 9AA packs by getting Eneloops for them. I just found out Maglite changed it's lineup. The new head on the C lights looks nice. I always thought the D-head on the C-maglites looked wrong. But where did the 4D, 5D and 6D go? :thinking: But ok, I guess too few people bought those anyway.

It is the one for 20€ that I got, but the price seems to move around a bit. The day I ordererd, price went up from 15€ to 15.7€ in a couple of hours... I still think that 20€ is quite a good price for a new 2C mag model in Europe though.

Oh, and the 4D, 5D and 6D didn't go anywhere yet! At least online they are all available. I actully bought red versions of the 4D and 6D lately, just to make sure I have enough of these nice and small flashlights. :twothumbs

dadel

Newly Enlightened
Does a normal C mag head work with this light?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit. Since this is a complete redesign with a mini-mag kind of switch, my guess is that the threads are steeper. I don't have a old C-mag to compare with, but even if the threads would be the same, the reflector would need some serious mods to make the switch operational.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to see 4 and 6 cell models, but in AA. C cells seem to be kind of the black sheep of the incan world. Unless you're modifying it to a lithium-ion light. I don't really like keeping C cells around, they just aren't used in much these days, although it is my favorite form factor of light.

They could even do an 8AA 12 volt model that is roughly the size of a 2D.

Last edited:

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
It is the one for 20€ that I got, but the price seems to move around a bit. The day I ordererd, price went up from 15€ to 15.7€ in a couple of hours... I still think that 20€ is quite a good price for a new 2C mag model in Europe though.

Oh, and the 4D, 5D and 6D didn't go anywhere yet! At least online they are all available. I actully bought red versions of the 4D and 6D lately, just to make sure I have enough of these nice and small flashlights. :twothumbs

€38 now;
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B017NE1PDQ/
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01BSL3DRQ/
And two different versions, with weird differences. (length, year)

€20 was too good to be true anyway looking at past prices of Maglites here.

dadel

Newly Enlightened
€38 now;
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B017NE1PDQ/
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01BSL3DRQ/
And two different versions, with weird differences. (length, year)

€20 was too good to be true anyway looking at past prices of Maglites here.

I got the one in the first link a couple of weeks ago for 15.7€ and now the price is +150%!! Wtf? It is even 10€ over the led version...
Somebody is buying them though. When I bought mine, there were 7 in stock. Then the number went down to 3, then up to 18, and now there is 4 in stock.

- Arturo -

Newly Enlightened
I have question, about this flashlight.
It is possible to swap driver in this module ? Whoever have a photo how it's looks ?
Because I bought this flashlight as a backup to the car, but current is 0,55A (I used 3xAA Energizer lithium 1,5V), and I no need that brightness and would like extend the run time, and lower the current to 0,25-0,3A

Someone will tell me if it is possible ?

broadgage

Enlightened
It is possible to swap driver in this module ? Whoever have a photo how it's looks ?
Because I bought this flashlight as a backup to the car, but current is 0,55A (I used 3xAA Energizer lithium 1,5V), and I no need that brightness and would like extend the run time, and lower the current to 0,25-0,3A

There is no driver, this is an incandescent flashlight in which the bulb is connected directly to the battery.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like might you have a 3C LED ML25?

If so, I don't know a way to mod it to a lower output, but I am sure it could be done, but likely not easily. Probably better to get something like the ML50 which has a couple of lower modes.