Macs EDC Brass with Turbo head

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I really had a very small role to play in this light member mcbrat sent me the body and head and requested a light engine/adapter to mate the 2 other parts. So I guess this is the "mcbrat special" :D

This is such a wonderful light. It feels like a million bucks in your hand. Looks like some 1800s early 1900s steam punk and has all the power and feel of a 2016 super light. What more could a guy ask for.

Thanks again Mick for giving me the opportunity to hold such a work of art in my flashaholic hands.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This is such a wonderful light. It feels like a million bucks in your hand. Looks like some 1800s early 1900s steam punk and has all the power and feel of a 2016 super light. What more could a guy ask for.

Thanks again Mick for giving me the opportunity to hold such a work of art in my flashaholic hands.

this is precisely why I love the Mac lights. the feel in the hand is just incredible.

Exeter354

Enlightened
That is one gorgeous chunk of brass! Congrats Mick and beautiful work as always Matt! Is that a high amp clicky I detect in there? And are those available for purchase??

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those wondering about the head, it's a Mr. Bulk Big Bulkhead head meant for a brass lion cub light.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one gorgeous chunk of brass! Congrats Mick and beautiful work as always Matt! Is that a high amp clicky I detect in there? And are those available for purchase??

the blue board you see is the driver board (with tall spring) on the battery side of the driver/LED section .
The body and switch is stock Mac, and the head is stock Mr. Bulk.

so now I can just switch heads. the standard EDC head, or the Turbo Head. just need to do a Tri head to complete the set :)

Last edited:

Exeter354

Enlightened
the blue board you see is the driver board (with tall spring) on the battery side of the driver/LED section .
The body and switch is stock Mac, and the head is stock Mr. Bulk.

so now I can just switch heads. the standard EDC head, or the Turbo Head. just need to do a Tri head to complete the set :)

Ah yes, I see that now. The driver and spring had the look of one of those badass high amp clickys...but of course, it's on the wrong end...silly me. :)

That is one terrific light and gives you some great options!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just coming back to look again. And got to thinking, that has to be one of the best Mac legos, and we will call it a Mac lego, I have ever seen. Great eye for this one. Good job.