Lumintop Tool Ti ReyLight Cheers & Jeers Thread + Poll: Would you buy a Ti clip?

Would you buy a Titanium Pocket clip if one was made?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I just received recently what I think to be the most interesting AAA light to debut in a long time. Titanium construction, an E Switch and a nice Nichia 219 emitter. I'm sure most of us here have heard about this light already. I wanted to make a thread to encourage discussion, reviews, photos and a poll to see how many people might be in to a titanium pocket clip without cluttering up Rey's group buy thread.

Poll: If produced, would you buy a DarkSucks Titanium clip (or a similar clip if someone made one)? Please mark your answer yes or no in the poll (this is my first poll ever).

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Re: Lumintop Tool Ti ReyLight cheers and jeers thread & Poll: Would you buy a Ti clip

The Preon P1 (new version) is $40, I would be tempted to buy one just to scavenge the clip although it is a steel clip and not titanium. $40 is high for a cheap little clip, any way you slice it. If we could get enough interest, perhaps someone can make a batch of Ti clips for ~$25-$30. That is my hope, I know a few people would be into this including myself.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lumintop Tool Ti ReyLight cheers and jeers thread & Poll: Would you buy a Ti clip

I just got off the phone to 47s. The New Preon clip can not (yet) be purchased separately. They took my email and said they would notify me when it becomes available.

Warning to those who may not know: The Old Preon clip can be purchased for $3, but it will NOT fit the TiTool. The DarkSucks Old Preon clip is also available, but again it will NOT fit the TiTool.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Thanks Jon, I would be all in for a Preon clip by itself. Sounds reasonable, I hope they offer it at some point. Just to put a bug in there ear I emailed customer support and mentioned my interest. Perhaps others here can do the same. *Edit* Just got a reply from Four Sevens customer service "It will be available however I do not have a ETA at this time."

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

As much as I like Ti, it would be difficult to pull the trigger if I could pick up a couple cheaper steel preon clips. There goes my awesome poll haha.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Preon P1 (new version) is $40, I would be tempted to buy one just to scavenge the clip although it is a steel clip and not titanium. $40 is high for a cheap little clip, any way you slice it. If we could get enough interest, perhaps someone can make a batch of Ti clips for ~$25-$30. That is my hope, I know a few people would be into this including myself.

Does new P1 clip fit Tool ???

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Tana, yessir the "New Preon P1" clip does in fact fit the tool. I saw a thread recently where a member posted pics of various clips on the tool and the Preon clip was very attractive indeed.

somnambulism

Newly Enlightened

Tana, yessir the "New Preon P1" clip does in fact fit the tool. I saw a thread recently where a member posted pics of various clips on the tool and the Preon clip was very attractive indeed.

If anyone else is curious, looks like you're referencing this post, with pictures of Thrunite Ti5 and Preon P1 clips on a Tool Ti.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well... sorry to bring down your poll but if 47's offer this clip and around price of old one, I would definitely stay away from other custom creations, titanium or not... :)

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

All good Tana, I'd probably go that route myself ;-)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll comment on the light. It's really a home run for me. I already owned a 219 Copper Tool and XPG2 Copper Tool - loved 'em both, but the small size, tail standing, and tactile feel of the switch make it that much nicer to me. It's just enough smaller.

The beam is outstanding, and the construction feels really solid. I bought mine through the group buy Rey put together and I like the LMH switching, too. Only downside is having to switch the light off between levels, but that's minor. I've been EDCing the light for the past 2 days and really enjoy reaching for it.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

All good Tana, I'd probably go that route myself ;-)

:thumbsup:

I have one on order, awaiting to arrive but all this talk about it and 47's clip, I just sent Ray another PM to try to get 2nd one... so much about the myth that Tana only deals with Surefire... this Tool Ti looks awesome and if run4jc has similar taste as I do, I'll love switch control as well (I actually like the fact that it can't swap modes with half-presses... I'm not a big fan of reverse-clickies)...

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Tana I think you are going to like it. I am also one to prefer a forward clicky, I understand there is a limitation sometimes design wise where they go with a reverse clicky instead. That being said, although this one has a reverse clicky, the tactile feel of the switch is a joy to use. I don't mind clicking the crap out of it to get from low to high. I like pushing the button, it just has so little travel and such a nice snap to it! I think for ~$60 in the group buy, and to quote run4jc, this is a "homerun" light for the price and I think it is a fantastic value for any members here, if they can still get in on the group buy special price.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lumintop Tool Ti (Nichia 219BT, 1xAAA, Titanium) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more

I just received my ReyLight TiTool and loaded it with a fully charged Eneloop Pro.

Jeers:

1. As others are reporting, High mode does not work out of the box, High and Medium are both Medium. I have set a 10 minute timer to try again after the switch battery charges up.
… Success! I now have High mode also.. wooohoo!

2. Keyring hole is too small, a keyring will not fit through all the way.. I have one that is small enough to get in the hole to get it started, but it wont make the turn and go through, slightly larger rings are too fat to get in the hole at all… Total Fail

Cheers:
I like how quiet the switch is.
I like how light and small the light is. 22 grams empty.
It tailstands very well.

Other trivia:
the light will turn on with 10440, in High mode only, until battery drops to 3.6 volts, then it becomes 3 mode. It also gets very hot due to the poor thermal transfer of Brass and Titanium. Caution, this is an unprotected light, and not rated for LiIon.

the pocket clip is interchangeable with my Copper Maratac and Copper Tool.

TiTool tailswitch is interchangeable with Copper Tool tailswitch, both lights work both ways, though I see no reason to swap them.

TiTool head will not lego with other Tool, Worm, nor Maratac, the threads are male on the TiTool head, Female on the others.

weights with Eneloop
TiTool 35 grams
Maratac Copper 39 grams
Copper Tool 45 grams
L11c 54 grams

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

fwiw, here is an alternative that allows keyring carry, though I dont..
IMG_2476.JPG

fwiw, our batteries will stick to magnets, pictured on the side of my fridge..
I have also used a magnet to hold lights to parts of my car at times.. I like magnets.. :)

I actually keep the clip on the light in Hat position, and most of all I keep the clip on the light to stop it from rolling off the table..

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Thanks for the commentary and the pics Jon!

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast

So long as I could use the clip on my Copper tool I'd be in.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

So long as I could use the clip on my Copper tool I'd be in.

yes you can
the pocket clip is interchangeable with my Copper Maratac and Copper Tool.

ps, correction
the keyring that comes under the box padding works.. its thinner and smaller than the ones I tried.

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG

Last edited:

m95c

Newly Enlightened

I have been very happy with the Ti with the Nichia Driver. The tail cap switch is such a neat feature. I have the copper as well in Cree and after playing around with the Ti for a couple of days, I really like the Nichia color output. All of my lights are Cree so it was nice to have an alternate driver option.

gunga

Flashaholic

I don't have mine yet. I'd prefer a preon clip for $5 vs a ti for $25.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the light gunga, once you get it!