Chinese Diffuser for Surefire M6?

robert.o

Newly Enlightened
does anybody here own one of these Sportsprite diffusers?

it appears to be a knockoff of the FM24
s-l500.jpg

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a clone diffusion filter and clone lens covers on order. Since Surefire discontinued most of their filters, many of them have become almost impossible to find.

I wanted to get a cover for the lens of my KT-1 turbo-head (good luck finding a discontinued FM27), and wanted to find a lens cover for my U2, but was willing to settle for the clone of the diffusion filter (and good luck finding a discontinued FM24). Both of those that I ordered are made by a company called "Element", and I believe they were made to cater to the airsoft crowd.

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I've got a few of the FM24 knock off's myself. Found a source (no longer carries them now) and tried them just to ensure the quality. Even though there are knock off's the vast majority can vary in quality. Look for the ones that have more description in the ad and don't seem to be real cheap in price. The first couple I bought (from the cheaper sources) were total junk. The locking mechanism would hold the cover shut once installed and the lens was obvious not going to take the heat from an incandescent. Took me 2 or 3 vendors to find the better of the ones out there. The element brand did seem to pretty good copies. The better copies have a flexible body made from some form of silicone/ plastic like material and the hinge looks pretty tough. They wont melt under bulb heat other. I'd forgot I even had a few stashed until you posted this thread. I could never find the better built ones in black. They always seemed to be either discontinued or out of stock.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just received the FM64 clone from sportsprite on eBay. I don't have the original FM64 anymore (sold it a few years ago :oops:) to compare but I don't see any difference. The inner ring is made from rubber which is good, the plastic seems good enough - maybe a little brittle. The actual manufacturer is Element (product code P11010). Fits great on my Surefire UM2.
And - it's just $9.49 including shipping. Too bad Surefire stopped making a lot of accessories - but at least we have other options. There are no Surefire markings and the seller doesn't advertise it as "Surefire" - even though the design is a 100% knockoff.