How did you come up with your CPF name?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall seeing this thread done before and I see a lot of interesting names for the users here on CPF. I'm just curious, if you care to share, how you came up with your CPF name?

For me, I always suck when it comes to creating a new account on a site coming up with an interesting username. I've always been a Pink Floyd fan and as I was trying to come up with something interesting the song just kinda popped into my head as an option and seemed actually kinda good. So I went with it.

Somewhere along the way as I started doing mods for people and putting out some runs of switches and things the SOYCD nickname kinda started up. Don't mind it one bit as the whole thing is a handful to type out.

Please share if your interested. :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good search. That thread stopped in 2010 so maybe we'll get some fun replies to the current ones.

I'm just curious where a few names like ChickenDrumstick and the like would pop up from.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kept mine from a motorcycle forum. I have an Ironhorse Tejas motorcycle. Plus my actual name. Use it on a couple sites.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chose mine because I wanted something that refers to light.

The real meaning of "keep it light," of course, does not refer to flashlights. That's the best thing about my moniker. It reminds me not to be too serious. If someone says something disparaging about one of my posts, it reminds me not to take it personally.

I also like the name, because it reminds me to stay on-subject. Otherwise, I can easily be pulled off-subject. What can I say? Politics and religion are two of my favorite subjects. In this regard, "keeping it light" means keep talking about flashlights.

So I get a two-for-one. Pretty cool.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
A long long time ago when I first started playing Counter-Strike I called myself Froggy referencing the phrase "Ya feeling Froggy". And in the world of online team video games a team is called a clan. The first clan I was a member of was Clan Taco which was a bunch of people who didn't take their gaming too seriously.

So Froggy{Taco} was shortened to FroggyTaco & was super unique when I would register for forums & the rest is history.

I think I have been using this internet handle since 1997 or 1998.

ven

Flashaholic
SOYCD will know why mine is mine:p

Start of surname and what people call me from when i went to school..............simply put , i am ven;)

When my son was younger, we used to play video games together.....I was a lot better than him at the time (not anymore...lol) and he said i was like the Terminator...then exclaimed..."Wait..you're the egginator!!" Our last name begins with "Egg"... It's stuck ever since..lol

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite Mountain in Western NC is a 360 degree view bald that is named Blackbalsam knob elevation 6214

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this thread. :)
I am a runner of sorts and did a number of marathons in 2004 and 2007. Also a blessed and thankful Christian. Never thought I could finish marathons on my own so wanted to give credit to Christ. Soooo - run for Jesus Christ shortens to "run4jc".

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Collins Thesaurus (through thefreedictionary)

bask in: enjoy, relish, delight, savor, revel in, wallow in, rejoice in, luxuriate in, indulge yourself in, take joy in, take pleasure in or from

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lived in Berlin Germany in the mid 2000,s and I lived in the former American sector of West Berlin very close to McNair barracks or the Gator Farm as it was also known.