• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

Factory Link Click Here
Beamshots Video Here

Review Video Here

$600 RC40vnT: Thow edition with intense hot for and perfect beam
XML2 PDT
DriverVNX2
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack
Lumen: 8,200/7,400
Lux: 506K, 465K, Max 1400m of throw

$700
RC40vnF: Flood edition with large hot spot and bright spill beam
XHP70 Diffused Dome
Dual DriverVNX2, 3 LED per switch
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack
Lumen: 20,500/19,000
Lux: 200K, 183K, Max 900m of throw

VTC5 7800mAh Battery Pack Default Shipping

LG 10500mAh Battery Pack Optional Shipping
10% reduction in max output, 35% more capacity
Must note with payment which Battery Pack you Prefer

All light "V54" Engraved
If you want shipping insurance please ask

Paypal/Email: [email protected]

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Those are beasts, that is so hard as both have pros and cons for me...........

The xhp70 F version(flood) is an awesome flood beam, 20k and 200kcd is a HUGE wall of light.............and suits the size/mass of the rc40!
Then the T version (throw)PDT at 8k and 500kcd..............impressive for sure, like a tk75vnQ on steroids but with better heat dissipation .

Can the T version run on full power pretty much indefinitely , till the batteries say NO MORE! on the 8000lm version? As the tk75vnQ is not quite there with the performance, and the extra mass of the rc40vn, i would presume excellent run times on higher modes, even at the full 8k.

ven

Flashaholic
Simple solution, Mark. Get both!! :D :thumbsup:

:faint:

Thinking PDTn , for tint and balance of output/throw/spill and run time in higher modes........
xhp70 de-dome is well up there as a fav though!! tk75vnQ70 is like a baby version, not sure how much another 5k(within reason) would make, like a bump up really.........

:thinking::crazy::thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome stuff!!!!! as the Q70 is quite close and no Q, the PDTn pips it for me out of the 2.................love the form factor and size tbh, should be great with the heat!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not interested in rc40vn at this moment. I would like to know lumen and lux number for flood version, as well as throw version. Led technology? Thanks

Saul Good

Enlightened
I think it may be worth giving the XHP-50 a try in this light. Since you aren't able to squeeze as many lumens as you were hoping out of the XHP-70s, why not get similar lumen output with more throw (than xhp-70) since the xhp-50 requires less amperage to reach max output?
You can also use the stock PCB since XHP-50 shares same xm footprint.

Last edited:

BEARS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Newly Enlightened
I notcied you bought a lot of lights from vinh. I just bought my first one today! The tn36utvn! How long does it usually take for the light to arrive? Is there a tracking number? I couldn't find any of that info on his sight.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet. So far only 4 big lights. He use usps priority mail 2-3 days. You will get email when he send it out something like vinh Nguyen has sent you a package. Please remember most of his lights are not ready built. Give him time to build. You will like your tn36utvn. It's super bright.

star_c_star

Enlightened
One question about the RC40vn flood version.

It comes with a "VTC5 Extra High Drain battery pack ".

That sounds as though the batteries are included. Are they removable, or do you have to recharge the whole pack as you normally do with the RC40 battery pack?

ven

Flashaholic
I am sure the batteries are swapped inside star, so it will be the pack but with vtc5 inside . Charge pack in the light ....