I backpack ran over 20 miles today and liked it.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Today later in the afternoon I headed out for what promised to be a long conditioning run. The goal was to finally break 20 miles backpack trail running. This is a bit harder than running on a road IMHO because of the hills and rough ground. Some areas along the way were too difficult to jog because of terrain features. I don't run up or down very steep hills to preserve the knees. I don't run over deep mud or during steam crossings or over very rocky ground. One slip and there goes months of training. Naturally such an audacious... LOL boast requires proof.

Osprey REV 24 running pack is preforming well. If you need to cover a great deal of ground fast this is a good option.

Turkeys!

Jogging!

Oh. A bit nasty here.

When you're doing a 20 miles loop in my area expect to cross or even travel a bit over roads.

No way I am jogging this section.

Nice quartz all around me so that made up for it.

The sun is starting to go down but there is still plenty of light.

Leaving later meant I was guaranteed a night run. I often carry two lights. A headlamp and flashlight both taking the same battery type and 2 extra batteries. I don't want to be stumbling miles and miles back to the van in the dark.

Cover enough ground and you will see all kinds of crazy stuff.

Anything in the bed? I guess not.

Very bright headlamp running off 1X14500 lithium ion.

Walked the last .5 mile for a cool down. The multiflora floral roses and barberries reaching out for me. We like to talk about people, zombies, bugs, snakes and bears as potential problems but the plants are no joke either.

That's all. Get out there people and give it a GO!

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you use your spare batts? Thanks for sharing, inspiring me to walk/jog more! :D

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ballin', I'll have to try something along these lines one of these days; I walked 3000 miles last year, may as well run some of it. What shoes did you use?

Woods Walker

Did you use your spare batts? Thanks for sharing, inspiring me to walk/jog more! :D

Nope and often don't but every now and then I forget to charge the battery after the last outing and bingo! I am scrounging in the pack for another. LOL! Get out there brother! Life is too short!

Woods Walker

Ballin', I'll have to try something along these lines one of these days; I walked 3000 miles last year, may as well run some of it. What shoes did you use?

Merrells hiking shoes. Oddly they're more beaten and worn on the inside rather than outside and still waterproof. Keep up the great work with all that moving. :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Just wow... That's some impressive mileage. I'm almost equally impressed that the pickup in your pictures hasn't been used for target practice! And an enthusiastic "Plus One" for Merrells- I've been wearing their Moab's for years for far more mundane tasks, and have never had a pair self destruct. Many wore out soles and insoles, but they still held together on the outside.

Woods Walker

So, you're Batman. Pleased to meet you, sir! :wow:

~ Chance

LOL! Heck no but thanks!

Just wow... That's some impressive mileage. I'm almost equally impressed that the pickup in your pictures hasn't been used for target practice! And an enthusiastic "Plus One" for Merrells- I've been wearing their Moab's for years for far more mundane tasks, and have never had a pair self destruct. Many wore out soles and insoles, but they still held together on the outside.

The inside heels are getting shot but trail running with a pack beats on shoes bad. Up and down hills puts strange pressure points when it comes to wear. Did 5-mile trail run last night. I will have to get another pair as given the mileage they really held up and actually waterproof! I burned through cheap shoes before in a month and these are lasting over a year.