Is this Laser site for real?

Candle_Kid

Newly Enlightened
this site (laserpointerpro.com) has 6w handheld, and tiny 1w lasers. i find same lasers and pics on a china site that says 25mw. is this laser pro site selling items that do not match the descriptions??? a 6w laser for ~$150, really ??

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no way that anyone had produced a 6 watt hand held laser, especially a battery operated one. Even the most efficient DPSS lasers at 1 watt require extensive cooling structure as well as a driver system, of which would be very awkward to hand carry, heavy and would not last long on batteries....and definitely not for $150

Candle_Kid

Newly Enlightened
There is no way that anyone had produced a 6 watt hand held laser, especially a battery operated one. Even the most efficient DPSS lasers at 1 watt require extensive cooling structure as well as a driver system, of which would be very awkward to hand carry, heavy and would not last long on batteries....and definitely not for $150

that's what i thought. maybe the turn-on (inrush) amps is like a AC motor and thats what they are reporting ;)

i guess there are high power handhelds, but not as a single emitter

Last edited:

Baggas

Newly Enlightened
this site (laserpointerpro.com) has 6w handheld, and tiny 1w lasers. i find same lasers and pics on a china site that says 25mw. is this laser pro site selling items that do not match the descriptions??? a 6w laser for ~$150, really ??

Today I saw LaserPointerPro advertise a 200 mW laser for about $20 which I was attracted by. Then I figured it was too cheap and wasn't worth the risk of giving my credit card details, let alone the $20.

Maybe I'm too cautious and someone will tell me this is a reliable vendor.

herektir

Newly Enlightened
Blue 450nm range led diode lasers can be pushed hard, that laser shotgun is i believe 8 seperate led 5w each. That many requires extensive cooling.

You can get 3 to 5 watt blue lasers hand held powered by one 18650 no bigger than a typical flashlight. Most of the lasers are converted flashlights actually. Because of heat they can usually be run 30s to maybe a minute or 2, then turned off to cool down. DPSS lasers you are correct above, 500mw to 1w and very pricy if you want quality.

An addition, laserpointerforum has individual builders on that forum, and kits, and used private sale lasers in the multi watt range.

Last edited: