I just got a Benchmade North Fork

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK so I finally weened myself from buying flashlights but now I'm into knives. It just never ends...

The North Fork is a really elegant knife. I got the dymondwood handle. Dymondwood is a wood resin composite. It reminds me of my old Buck knife that I had over 45 years ago. The blade is S30V steel. I did some research on this and it is considered a premium steel. Not that I would ever notice the difference but my inner snob likes it. The blade has for a lack of a better term a big belly. This makes shaving things flat really easy. The handle can be mounted on both sides. The side without the handle has 3 empty holes. This bothered me as it makes the knife look incomplete. I contacted Benchmade and asked if they sold the screws to fill the holes. They sent me an entire pocket clip kit free of charge! I mounted the screws and checked the blade well to make sure they would not protrude and damage the blade when folded. It was a perfect fit. Now the non-clip side looks like it is riveted in place and gives it dare I say a Steampunk look.

As an added bonus the wood handle makes the knife look less menacing to the anti knife coworkers I have to work with.

My flashlight pairing with this knife is a stock E2e!

I got mine from REI using the 20% off coupons that they send a few times a year.

kelmo

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt it awesome? I just got my Axis North Fork from Gander Mountain. Cannot remember the model number its a touch bigger than a mini Barrage has black and grey G10 and a drop point S30V blade. I love fondling this thing. Came much sharper than most of my other Benchmades. Great knife

Forgot to add pic-

WIN_20161208_14_52_34_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
isnt it awesome? I just got my Axis North Fork from Gander Mountain. Cannot remember the model number its a touch bigger than a mini Barrage has black and grey G10 and a drop point S30V blade. I love fondling this thing. Came much sharper than most of my other Benchmades. Great knife

Yes it is AWESOME!