• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aspheric TinyDC

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
completed an Aspheric Tiny DC. Has a beam similar to a McGizmo Sundrop, but bigger...
Used a Qlite 3.04A driver, and an XM-L2 from Mountain Electronics. drilled a blank pill for wires coming through away from center so the led had a place to set...
got an Aspheric Lens from ThorLabs, and used a blue o-ring I had laying around as the gasket.
For the spacer between the pill and the lens, I used a small rubber leg/cane tip trimmed to be slightly taller than the LED.

Sundrop left, TinyDC Right.

aspheric-1.jpg

aspheric-2.jpg

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Wow, look at that lil guy...he's all growed up! (very nice McBrat, I'm glad you made something cool with that!)

okluma

Enlightened
Awesome! I love it when guys modify stuff. If you're tempted to give something like this a try yourself, I'll help in anyway I can.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
So cool! I'm impressed with outcome but even more so with what it took to accomplish it... from idea to completion. Well played.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put that light in the WTS and watch me elbow my way to the front. I'll step on a kid

Build #2 coming up. This time with a tumbled finish Aluminum DC1. need to look into some things yet. the first one wouldn't really head stand as the lens protruded a bit from the front.