• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Convoy L6 + Giveaway

L.N.

Newly Enlightened
Convoy has a new heavyweight flashlight: the L6

This flashlight has a CREE XHP70 led and runs on 2 x 26650 batteries. These need to withstand more than 6A current to reach te maximum output of 3800Lm.
The flashlight has two switches. A tails switch (125V 10A) for on/off and a side switch to control the modes. The light has 4 modes and strobe. The modes are low (50mA), mid (200mA), high (1700mA) and turbo (5000mA).

The turbo doesn't seems to have a thermal step-down, because of the warning by the manufacturer:
Notice that never turn on the turbo mode all the time ,otherwise the temperature of flashlight can be up to 80-90 centigrade,you may be scalded!!!
Not much info about what is included. Judging at the pictures only a tactical ring. No batteries or charger are included.

I haven't seen the flashlight in "real life". So i can't give any details of the quality of the flashlight and the finishing. Judging Convoy's past, i believe the quality will be very good. I own a Convoy S2+ and S3 and both have a very good value for money and i expect that the L6 has the same great value for money.

The specs are:
  • Led: CREE XHP70 N4-1C soldered on 20mm copper plate
  • Maximum output: more than 3800lm
  • Battery: 2pcs 26650 batteries
  • Reflector: OP & Aluminum Alloy
  • Head: diameter 67.8mm and height 48.2mm
Waterproof level: IPX8
Head diameter: 75mm
Outer diameter of battery tube: 35mm
  • Inner diameter of the battery tube: 27mm
  • Flashlight length: 255mm
Light weight: 550g
  • Packaging weight: 761g (battery not included)

No info about the run times and and minimal info about the throw (200-500 m). I hopefully get a review sample and can write a proper review with all the specs.Please feel free to mention other specs.

Together with a partner i can give away 1 free Convoy L6. Winning is easy: just guess the flash sale price of this flashlight at this vendor. The one who is closest to the flash price wins the light.

The rules:
  • All guesses are in US Dollar
  • No more then 3 guesses per member (if you guess more then 3 times, then only the first 3 guesses count)
  • Each guess in a separate post
  • No successive guesses (so between your posts needs to be at least 1 post by another member)
  • When two or more members guess the price right, then only the member guessed first receives the light.
  • This thread needs to have at leasts 50 posts by the deadline
  • Deadline is 9 May 11.59 (CPF time) or earlier if the flash sale starts earlier.

The giveaway is over. The flash price is $48,99, see this link. The lucky person who will receive a Convoy L6 is stephenk (post nr #57)! Congratz! As a token of appreciation, there willb e a small gift for TAC GUNNER (#111) and gyzmo202 (#112) also who guessed right.

These images i found online:

HTB1KiixJFXXXXbLXVXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg

HTB126KwJFXXXXcJXVXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg

HTB18ACUJFXXXXaoXpXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

HTB1Z.SNJFXXXXXYXFXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg

HTB1avlUJFXXXXc7aXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

HTB1ZBXVJFXXXXcoXVXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

HTB1sTKNJFXXXXXrXFXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

HTB1bmJTJFXXXXXuaXXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

Last edited:

L.N.

Newly Enlightened
I understand that the giveaway gets attention. But what about the light? Any thoughts or comments?

some rumours:

- the light is current controlled.
- the led is N4-1C (cool white), but Simon got some neutral whites (5000k) y and maybe there is going to be a version with this last led.

Last edited: