• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

About Manker and Giveaway

Manker

Newly Enlightened
Manker was founded by us two flashlightaholic engineers who also addicted to outdoor recreation. We've experienced a lot of different flashlights and found that the Led flashlight market faced a big problem: homogeneity, similar appearance and similar circuit . So we decided to make something different and created Manker which means someone walking outside with passion and freedom in Chinese.
LOGO_zpsursg72xp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We started at torch club which is the biggest LED flashlight forum in China, communicate with the members and collected lots of feedbacks about flashlights. Together with the forum members we released the first Forum Flashlight which called big idiot by the members. But this big idiot is stable and reliable.
_zpswdkaslat.png
[/URL][/IMG]

And after that, we took about half a year to create another sample, the Manker Godmes which can be connected with your cell phone via a cell phone APP. This APP self-define mode make a lot of control function which could not realize on a flashlight came true. Even though the Godmes is not perfect as well but we got lots of friends and experiences for our future flashlight design.
Godmes_zpsecitumqw.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Designing a flashlight we need to stick with ourselves and respect the market. So what's next, Manker T01.We think we've achieved our design goals, smaller, brighter and more efficiency. Many thanks to Mr floppy who gave us a lot of suggestions during our design. Finally the T01 got passed though many CPF members' reviews. And thanks guys (selfbuilt、UPZ、Johnny Mac、Candlelamp、TurboBB、Budda ) for so many positive feedbacks which bring us confidence. Of course there are shotcomings on T01 and we are trying to improve it.

T01%20FORUM_zpsltvjoew0.png
[/URL][/IMG]

It has been one year and a half since the beginning of our flashlight design. And we've grew up from 2 flashlightaholic engineers to an entire team. We've got our own QC, R&D, Marketing&Sales and factory. We are keep moving on innovation to bring you guys more and better products.

Stay tuned.

We decided to arrange Giveaway every month.
How to do it?
We need suggestion from all you.

Attachments

• LOGO.jpg
    LOGO.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 106
  • ???.jpg
    ???.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Godmes.jpg
    Godmes.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 91
  • T01 FORUM.jpg
    T01 FORUM.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
We do enjoy giveaways here on CPF :D

I can certainly offer some suggestions, but I'm also aware that the terms of a giveaway are ultimately up to you :)

I've noticed that CPF giveaways seem to have settled into a general format: post a thread where each member who replies gets one entry, give each member a number in order of posting and use a random number generator website to decide the winning number.

Some manufacturers add an extra element to create more variety, such as "describe the dream flashlight you want us to make for you", "tell us about the time you most needed a flashlight" or even "post a silly picture to give us all a laugh" :)

Manufacturers often like to have a social media element as well, which is perfectly alright, but please remember that not everyone uses social media. I'd recommend that you allow entries by more than one route, for example via CPF, BLF (are you on BLF?), Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so everyone gets a chance. It's up to you whether all entries go into a common pool, or whether you reserve an item for each entry route, such as one flashlight for forum members and one flashlight for social media users.

That's everything that comes to mind, so I'd like to say the most important thing now:

Thank you for your generosity :thumbsup:

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Phlogiston summed up the standard formula pretty well. :)
A lot of enthusiasts here don't use social media, and I've noticed that some giveaways aimed at social media that are also advertised here don't really generate much buzz. The real strength here is in word-of-mouth, reviews, and gathering feedback and ideas from enthusiasts. A fun way to leverage this is through questions tied to the giveaway, such as "What would you like to see in an EDC oriented light from us?" or "What pocket thrower really impressed you? Why?" I also prefer giveaways run on here to be separate from other giveaways, such as on social media or other forums, since it makes it feel much more worth participating. Prizes don't have to be huge, super expensive lights all the time either, though those types of giveaways may garner more responses if given enough time.
We do appreciate any and all giveaways, so thanks for interest! I hope this helps! :)