• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Has anyone experienced problems with Oveready deliveries?

david57strat

Enlightened
I placed an order, with Oveready, for a Surefire 6P body, bored out for 18650 cells. I've carefully watched the tracking progress.

A 6" x 9" envelope arrived, a little while ago. I anxiously grabbed the mail, and found only an envelope (flat), and no apparent contents inside.

The envelope was not sealed, other than with the cheap adhesive found on some envelopes (no tape of any kind). The envelope was marked (with what looked like a pre-printed shipping label) as weighing 8 ounces.

I cannot believe they didn't bother to better seal the envelope. I attached pictures, in my email to them, for their review. I sent the email in response to one of theirs, telling me about stock. There was no direct email address on their site, so I also copied/pasted the contents, there (minus the pictures, obviously), to the "contact us" page.

I opened up the envelope and found a receipt, for the $60.00 I paid them, but nothing else.

This is my first order with them, and all I can say is that I am very disappointed, to say the least.

The adhesive on the envelope barely held. I kind of thought, also, that they might have at least used a padded envelope, rather than the cheap manila envelope (which offers zero protection to its contents), since I paid them $4.00 for First Class Mail shipment. I didn't expect it to come in a fancy box, but I did expect it to at least come in a padded plastic fully sealed (taped) envelope, for safe delivery.

I'm awaiting their response. I'm hoping they're going to make this right, and soon.

Has anyone else experienced problems with deliveries from Oveready? I wanted to believe everything would go off, without a hitch, for this transaction (and hopefully future orders with them); but my confidence in them, with this first order, is shaken.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I've never heard a bad word about Oveready customer service. Never personally had a problem. Sorry to hear, and I'm sure it will resolve fine. I did take the liberty of deleting the duplicate thread, btw.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi David,

Sorry to hear about your missing light. I have been in your shoes more than one time (Post office thinking because they delivered an empty box that they have "done their job" ) I have not had any thing go missing from Overready, but they have been around a while. If you haven't already contacted them I would. Most of the long time CPF sellers have a pretty favorable customer service policy.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - that's very surprising. I've never had a bad shipment from Oveready. Everything's always been safely and securely packaged. I hope Dan is able to resolve your issues.

david57strat

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I was able to find a phone number for them, on the internet (although not on their website), and I left them a voicemail message. I also returned an email they had sent me, which had been in response to stock of this item.

There was no direct email address on their website, so I used their "Contact Us" form, and I copied and pasted what I had written in the email to them. I'm hoping it'll all work out, without too much hassle. I've also heard good things about them and their product; so I was really looking forward to using this 6P (which was also my very first Surefire purchase, albeit a small one, considering all I bought was the body. I still want to pick up a Cryos cooling bezel, and have yet to decide what kind of tail switch I'm going to end up with. The body will be replacing a /Solarforce L2P (I understand the parts between these hosts are interchangeable).

Will keep you updated.

Thanks for deleting the duplicate post :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many OR shipments, never had a packaging issue of any kinds. I highly doubt they won't rectify the situation quickly. Stuff happens, it is just a bummer when it affects us personally.

My wife always tells me I have a lot of "First World problems" whenever stupid things like this happen to me and I get all bent out of shape. She laughs that I get so mad when something comes messed up, or gets messed up in shipping. My issue last issue was a faulty tail switch on a light I recently ordered. Drove me nuts! But the company has great CS and shipped me out a replacement quickly. But, sometimes the wait for the replacement seems worse! lol Why is that??

Anyways, enough of my dribble, I am confident you will get squared quickly.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
if its ever been an envelope from them its always been the kinda plasticy white ones with built in padding. on top of that they will put the item inside a piece of black foam tubing for extra protection. thats if its just a small item, such as a tailcap. if its a light im receiving then its always been a box; again, with the light also wrapped in black foam tubing . i also have always had a hard time getting it open; usually taking a knife to open the envelope. hope this gets resolved.

scout24

Flashaholic
You need a Triad tailcap from them, too... ;) The "contact us" form will get you where you need to go. They're a small operation, number of people wise, and would rather do flashlight stuff than answer the phone. You're in good hands.

Edit- I can't ever remember having a package from them sent first class, always seems to be Priority iirc...

david57strat

Enlightened
You need a Triad tailcap from them, too... ;) The "contact us" form will get you where you need to go. They're a small operation, number of people wise, and would rather do flashlight stuff than answer the phone. You're in good hands.

Edit- I can't ever remember having a package from them sent first class, always seems to be Priority iirc...

I actually had the choice, between 1st Class, or Priority (for a greater charge), and since I knew they were in Oregon (and I, in California), I figured 1st Class would be fine.

I was shocked to see that funky flat paper envelope, though, rather than a nice padded, plastic one. That's the first type of flashlight (or flashlight part) purchase I've ever made, that wasn't shipped in a nicer envelope - not what I would have expected from a high end flashlight company.

At first (before opening up the flat envelope), I thought the contents may be some sort of back order notice. But when I saw the receipt, with a hand written "Thank You", on it, I figured it probably got lost or stolen, during transit, because there was no tape to keep the flap shut, and what was left of the adhesive on the flap, was negligible.

The way tab665 just described, was pretty much the way I expected to receive this package, and (of course) with all the contents inside of it lol.

Last edited:

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
OR has never disappointed me. They graciously let me cancel an order when I found out that I was going on strike ( 6 weeks ago) and wished me luck. I can't say enough good things about their customer service and feel confident that they'll take care of you.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually had the choice, between 1st Class, or Priority (for a greater charge), and since I knew they were in Oregon (and I, in California), I figured 1st Class would be fine.

I was shocked to see that funky flat paper envelope, though, rather than a nice padded, plastic one. That's the first type of flashlight (or flashlight part) purchase I've ever made, that wasn't shipped in a nicer envelope - not what I would have expected from a high end flashlight company.

At first (before opening up the flat envelope), I thought the contents may be some sort of back order notice. But when I saw the receipt, with a hand written "Thank You", on it, I figured it probably got lost or stolen, during transit, because there was no tape to keep the flap shut, and what was left of the adhesive on the flap, was negligible.

The way tab665 just described, was pretty much the way I expected to receive this package, and (of course) with all the contents inside of it lol.

My recently received bored C2 body was shipped in such an envelope, with the addresses printed directly on it. In my case, the adhesive and envelope held up. The C2 body itself was well protected inside the typical OR foam roll.

david57strat

Enlightened
My recently received bored C2 body was shipped in such an envelope, with the addresses printed directly on it. In my case, the adhesive and envelope held up. The C2 body itself was well protected inside the typical OR foam roll.

I wish I had been as fortunate.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Can you send us a link to this $60 bored Surefire 6P. For that price I'm interested!

EDIT: I seemed to have found it. Unfortunately it is not a complete light.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
My last order , triad tail cap came in a large tube loose inside. No issue with damage obviously being cardboard, but the plastic ends were not taped or secure. Just push fit! very lucky I got the tail cap tbh because shook hard enough it fell out through knocking a cap off. Orders before this have been in padded envelopes and sealed .

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had two shipments from Oveready disappearing during shipping. But that´s not their fault but USPS´s. They resent the first one, wih the second one I took the hit since I know they are good. I´m sure they will take care of you. This type of envelope appears to be a bit on the cheap side though.

Eric

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Never ordered from them but hate when I get an empty package from USPS which clearly was shipped full but became empty in their hands. As if the mail person doesn't realize it when the empty package was dropped off.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the difficulty. We've shipped many thousands of times with this setup, without incident - when we remember to tape the envelope closed. Sarah was a bit rushed last week.

Replacement sent - Priority