Friday night with the Walker.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got a later start than I hoped. Around 10:15 PM. Did 6.71 miles night running on hardly maintained trail in.....bear country! OMG bear country! LOL! Well I did see a bear there last year. Finished at 11:33. Packed a Fenix HL50 and 4/7 1XAA NW Mini from back in the day.

Looking a bit bearish myself.

So what do I pack when in the feared "bear country" at night?

Pepper spray.

.22 mag

Knife.

Hiking poles.

So who are the players on this field beyond myself.

Wet rocks.

The trail in places turns to this.

Multi floral roses and barberries will draw blood before the night is done. The bears, not so much. We forget the plants are really running the show.

I gotta wear some pants on trails like this. Those dang roses.

Look at this.

Another predator. A brookie!

That's about it! Get out there and use that gear!

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for my Fri night(actually Sat evening i have checked it out), love the pics!

Wish i had adventures to do like you which are not too far away! Wish i had the time too.............one day i hope :) Hopefully some camping trips in the coming months will bring me some little adventures. Till then i have yours:cool:

That Fenix head lamp looks a nice neutral tint, nice rendition there and lots of useful flood................like it!!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pictures! Haven't been on here much lately and also haven't been in the woods much lately, so this was especially fun to see.

Woods Walker

Thanks for my Fri night(actually Sat evening i have checked it out), love the pics!

Wish i had adventures to do like you which are not too far away! Wish i had the time too.............one day i hope :) Hopefully some camping trips in the coming months will bring me some little adventures. Till then i have yours:cool:

That Fenix head lamp looks a nice neutral tint, nice rendition there and lots of useful flood................like it!!

Thanks. I am taking the Fenix HL50 out for tonight's trail run. It's a good headlamp with nice tint. Only downside is no lockout. Thanks for looking!

Nice pictures! Haven't been on here much lately and also haven't been in the woods much lately, so this was especially fun to see.

Glad yea liked it! :)

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks. I am taking the Fenix HL50 out for tonight's trail run. It's a good headlamp with nice tint. Only downside is no lockout. Thanks for looking!

No thank you for posting, always an awesome thread full of life and colour:goodjob:

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Glad yea liked it! :)

No lockout is a deal breaker for me on a headlamp that is going in my pack. I have found my headlamp on or dead too many times over the years.
You probably already know, but it fits nicely in an Efest battery case which will prevent accidental turn on. You can also squeeze in a spare battery.

20160309_181259_zps24vsceat.jpg

I always look forward to your threads.

Thank you for sharing your trips.

Bob

Woods Walker

No lockout is a deal breaker for me on a headlamp that is going in my pack. I have found my headlamp on or dead too many times over the years.
You probably already know, but it fits nicely in an Efest battery case which will prevent accidental turn on. You can also squeeze in a spare battery.

20160309_181259_zps24vsceat.jpg

I always look forward to your threads.

Thank you for sharing your trips.

Bob

I got something similar. Will show a photo in this thread later. Same basic idea but a little different. Yours inspired me to get a case for it. Thank for looking!