Lasers vs pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan01

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that you guys are not keen on discussing lasers as weapons. I understand that but I have a somewhat unusual situation. My parents have bought a 40 foot sailing catamaran located in Turkey. The quickest way for them to get home to Australia is via the red sea, I'm sure you are all aware of the piracy issues. Even if they go through the Caribbean, the threat is still very real. Firearms are out as they have to pass through many countries, all with different laws. Aside from that, who wants to be in a foreign jail for murder. Non lethal but effective is the name of the game. Laser dazzlers appear to be a good option but if that doesn't work, the ability to concentrate the beam and blow up an outboard fuel tank or damage the outboard itself or burn a hole in the hull all seem like good options. I was hoping for some advice on viability if you are willing to discuss it. Thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Dan01. This forum, re lighting of all types, does not condone the use of lights, lasers included as weapons. There must be some other forums that might assist you. Please stick around and participate in CPF, regarding the use of lights as illumination tools.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts