REVIEW: NEXTORCH UL360 (XP-G2 R5 , 1xAA) and GLO-TOOB AAA

realista

Enlightened
FQuKzdo.jpg

First impressions:
Shipped from: NexTorch for review purpose

These two lanterns/flashlights are clearly products for specific areas and it's clear… there isn't the classic appearance of a flashlight used to light a specific area thanks to a hotspot, but these nextorch product are needed then you need to use a FLOOD light (UL360) or there's the necessity to be visible at night by other people (Glo-Toob).

I had the possibility to review other products from Nextorch and till now i've understood that this company really takes commitment with the design of their products, and these 2 products are the perfect example of my thinking, simple products, nothing special but so simple and well constructed that's hard to find similar products….

--- UL360 ---
Bulb:CREE® XP-G2 R5 LED
Lumen:70lm/10lm
Runtime:3h20min/30h
Battery:1*AA battery
Distance:16.4'/5m (beam diameter)
Length:78mm*34mm*21mm
Weight:1.41oz/40g(without battery)

2ICK4XG.jpg

gR2OFys.jpg

LUIXzQQ.jpg

790iQhk.jpg

VLLz7O1.jpg

g09JEta.jpg

0E7WPcv.jpg

Q8qCq7N.jpg

6VIe76z.jpg

qA6rtEb.jpg

gwmNq5s.jpg

i8OG2Oh.jpg

saVDI0s.jpg

fqWuhJr.jpg

Modes and estimated lumens:
--- UL360 ---
Switch type: TWIST
There are " 2 " modes in the following order:
high - low

--- Glo-Toob AAA ---
Switch type: TWIST
There are " 3 " modes in the following order:
high – low - strobo

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):
--- UL360 ---
This flashlight weighs precisely 42,0 gr
Height 7,8 cm
Diameter 3,1 cm (on 2 lanyard hole diameter)
Head diameter 2,0 cm

--- Glo-Toob AAA ---
This flashlight weighs precisely 23,9 gr
Height 7,6 cm
Diameter 1,9 cm

Construction quality:
--- UL360 ---
The flashlight body is made of plastic but the quality seems to be rather good, while the tailcap is made of the classic aluminum material, and of course the rotable mechanism as you can se is made of stainless steel plus a magnetic base.
Threads are of plastic material but it's not a problem, moreover they came lubed up.
70 lumens at max output is not a great number but the actual power fits nicely on most situations and will let you satisfied almost 80% of times you use it.

IVYG7nd.jpg

4BMaWCn.jpg

fXR2NaP.jpg

5FPeEwg.jpg

rllW9yO.jpg

GSM3mq8.jpg

--- Glo-Toob AAA ---
Also here the prevailing material used is plastic, but it's really thick and durable (with a opaque finish) and on the upper part you can find the "most useful part" of the flashlight….. the lanyard hole!! :p
Host's threads are made of aluminum, but the full tailcap is of plastic material….so ironically it is the opposite event of the UL360
I tested it underwater but of course i can't say if the 60 meter limit can be reached or even surpassed, after all if the O-ring is in good state, the waterproofness of the entire flashlight is safe.

Lanyard hole: PRESENT (1 for UL360 and 2 for Glo-Toob)

lH6LVWl.jpg

byi0s2C.jpg

G41hoXQ.jpg

vmkgi2H.jpg

sZ2d8j5.jpg

Led Tint, reflector and lense:
--- UL360 ---
The led tint is pure white, tending to warm
Reflector: absent
Shell made of: PLASTIC

--- Glo-Toob AAA ---
The led tint is AMBER and the light can be seen from any angle

xXDFzKu.jpg

XZAXSyU.jpg

SbcnS7A.jpg

0kaHRrs.jpg

Ws58EAe.jpg

KdNVOL2.jpg

GXFGftv.jpg

2DoOcpv.jpg

lY9xl4o.jpg

--- UL360 ---
PROS:
- magnetic base is useful in many ways (car, emergency.. )
- smart design with rotable axis

CONS:
- none, it's for specific use

--- Glo-Toob AAA ---
PROS:
- long runtime
- visible from 360 degrees
- waterproof 60 meters

CONS:
- none, it's for specific use

Final thoughts and why you should buy them:
The UL360 is a great flashlight for all round uses and the AA battery standard allow nice runtimes (3h20min at max output 70lm) and i personally use it as a bed time light, magnetically adherent to a bar of steel that's over my bed place, and speaking about the GLO-TOOB i sometimes loan it to a friend who does not have a tail light on his BIKE…. But it's also sufficiently usable to read a book during the night (on your bed…) if your eyes are fully adapted to the darkness, being even a fleeble light "enought" to look at something without any eye strain!!

Thanks for reading.....
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :)

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice side by side review of two lights I have been looking at for a while. I think both of them would make for nice emergency lights in the vehicle as well as as mini Lanterns or work lights.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the thorough review. These seem like a unique addition to the world of illumination.

realista

Enlightened
i used the glo toob during the 14 august night here in italy and some people asked me "what kind of light is it??.. a fisherman light??"
:oops:

realista

Enlightened
there were on the beach some locals with music etc... and i used this light to let me find during the night some items i needed, it'a long story XD